Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 does not recognize USB flash drive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Charles88

Charles88

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:28 AM

I owe a USB flash drive,however no idea if there is data on it.
I insert it into USB,it looks like the computer does not recognize the drive
I go to Device Manager,there is a option USB Mass Storage Device  ( indicated with a small yellow triangle )
Double clicking UBS Mass Storage Device provides a error message:
 - This device cannot start ( code 10 )
 - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API
By the way: removing the flash drive from the computer removes the USB Mass Storage Device
What I am looking for is:
 - How can I determine if the flash drive contains data ?
 - If so,how to delete the data and add new data ?

Thank you

Charles 88

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:50 AM

Try using the flash drive in another computer and see if it works there.  If it isn't recognized it's probably dead.  If it isn't but the data is corrupted you can format the drive (FAT32 please) and start again. 

When you looked in the Device Manager did you uninstall the driver and then restart the computer so a new driver would be installed the next time the computer was started?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users