I often see that in Windows Startups or Tasks. I suggest running a scan using Malwarebytes if you haven't done that.
Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the
Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of Google Chrome and Avast.
After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.
CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
Malwarebytes - Clean Mode
- Download and install the free version of Malwarebytes
Note: If you have Malwarebytes already installed, you don't need to install it again. Simply start from the next bullet point
- Once Malwarebytes is installed, launch it and let it update its database. You might have to click on the little arrow by Scan Status in the middle right pane for it to do so
- Once the database update is complete, click on the Scan tab, then select the Threat Scan button and click on Start Scan
- Let the scan run, the time required to complete the scan depends of your system and computer specs
- Once the scan is complete, make sure that the first checkbox at the top is checked (which will automatically check every detected item), then click on the Quarantine Selected button
- If it asks you to restart your computer to complete the removal, do so
- Click on Export Summary after the deletion (in the bottom-left corner) and select Copy to Clipboard. Paste the content in your next reply
Post the three lists mentioned below using CCleaner.
Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Startups. On that page you will see a list of Windows Startups and at the top tabs for each browser and Scheduled Tasks.
At the bottom right of that page you will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste the list of Windows Startups and Scheduled Tasks into your next
post. Please do that.
Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Uninstall. On that page you will see a list of programs installed on your computer and at the bottom right of that page you
will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste that list in your next post. Please do that.
Reset Chrome back to defaults to completely clear out issues with Chrome.
- First, go to >> Google Sync << and sign into your account. Make sure you know your password as this will clear it from the browser.
- Scroll down until you see the "reset sync" button to clear your data from the server and remove your passphrase.
- Now, close all Chrome windows. Chrome cannot be running for the next step. If needed, print this information or use another browser to read the information.
- Press the Windows key + R at the same time, to bring up the run dialog box.
- Type in (or copy/paste) the following and press Enter: %localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\
- Press Ctrl + A to select all the files and folders.
- Hold down Ctrl + A and click once on the files "Bookmarks" and "Bookmarks.bak". This will unselect them.
- With all the files selected (except for your Bookmarks), press the Delete key and click Yes to delete the files and folders.
- Example of all files and folders selected, except Bookmarks
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”― Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”