Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Canít for the life of me get into my Windows Vista computer?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 octohobbit

octohobbit

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:44 PM

So, here’s the deal. When I was nine I received a Dell Inspiron 1545, and it worked wonderfully. Now I’m eighteen and I want to get into it again because I need a VM. So today I tried to get back into it and I don’t know the password at all. I can’t access anything through it and I’ve tried out every tutorial on the internet that covers it. I also just finished CS50 with Harvard to get my technology certification, and if I can’t figure it out, I feel like nobody can. I’m frustrated, hopeless, and ready to rip my head off.

Here’s a YouTube video that I made for further detail.

Thank you so much!

(p.s.
I came here because the a$$es at CNET locked my thread because I made my account THAT DAY and then added ONE VIDEO LINK, after stating that I had a real problem, of course.  I wish not to be treated this way and to rather have my problem fixed.  Thank you!)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:56 PM

Download Lazesoft Windows Recovery Suite Home on another computer and create a boot CD. Boot and disable the hidden Administrator Account. From there you can reset your current account.

http://www.lazesoft.com/lazesoft-recovery-suite-free.html

http://www.lazesoft.com/how-to-recover-administrator-password.html

The above is a direct download link of home so you do not have to download through cnet.

Edited by JohnC_21, 24 March 2018 - 08:58 PM.

#3 octohobbit

octohobbit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:00 PM

Download Lazesoft Windows Recovery Suite Home on another computer and create a boot CD. Boot and disable the hidden Administrator Account. From there you can reset your current account.

http://www.lazesoft.com/lazesoft-recovery-suite-free.html

http://www.lazesoft.com/how-to-recover-administrator-password.html

The above is a direct download link of home so you do not have to download through cnet.

Sadly, I can't get it to work at all on the computer.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,630 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:03 PM

You burnt the CD of Lazesoft on another computer already and it does not boot? You may need to enter your BIOS settings and make sure your CD/DVD is the first boot device.

Dell will let you select the boot device by tapping F12 at boot.

Edit: If the CD does not boot use the USB flash drive option. 

Edited by JohnC_21, 24 March 2018 - 09:04 PM.

#5 octohobbit

octohobbit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:35 PM

You burnt the CD of Lazesoft on another computer already and it does not boot? You may need to enter your BIOS settings and make sure your CD/DVD is the first boot device.

Dell will let you select the boot device by tapping F12 at boot.

Edit: If the CD does not boot use the USB flash drive option. 

The USB worked!  Thank you so much!

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,630 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:51 PM

Your Welcome. Glad I was able to help and thanks for the update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users