Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Esets and Superantispyware

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 guit30

guit30

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 24 March 2018 - 06:44 AM

I have used both of these programs for years and they  recently just do not seem to work as well as they used too. Anyone else having problems with them.

Jim 

Eset Nod32 vs 8

Super Anti Spyware

Secunia 2.0

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,886 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:42 AM

ESET NOD32 is a trustworthy and effective antivirus solution which leaves a small footprint...meaning it is not intrusive and does not utilize a lot of system resources. ESET uses multiple layers of technologies (HIPS, Advanced Memory Scanner, Exploit Blocker, ESET LiveGrid Reputation System) and an enhanced Botnet Protection module that blocks communication between ransomware and Command and Control (C&C) servers to protect computers from malware and ransomware (crypto malware). See my comments in Choosing an Anti-Virus Program for more detailed information as to why I recommend ESET or Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

SUPERAntiSpyware is a second opinion anti-malware scanner which can detect and remove spyware, adware, dialers, Trojans, worms, keyLoggers, browser hijackers and other types of threats including advanced Process Interrogation Technology (PIT) to detect and remove rootkits. SUPERAntiSpyware is not as effective as other popular anti-malware scanners but it offers additional helpful features...system tools with the ability to repair registry damage and broken Internet connection caused by malware infection, an unwanted program uninstall feature, a system investigator and an advanced file remover. If you want to use SUPERAntiSpyware Free, I recommend using it as a separate stand-alone on-demand scanner. The free version does not provide real-time protection, auto-Scanning, auto-updates or scheduled scanning so there is no need for it to run at startup and waste system resources. However, it does offer technology to deal with some rootkit infections and gives you another tool to use for a second opinion or in the event of malware infection where some of your tools may be disabled.

SUPERAntiSpyware Pro includes real-time protection to block threats from installing or re-installing and a System change highlighting feature which lets you track modifications to your system. However, just like the free version, it is not as effective as other popular anti-malware scanners so I see no benefit in using it.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 guit30

guit30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:48 PM

I decided to keep using both of them, because I don't get viruses.

Jim

Eset Nod32 vs 8

Super Anti Spyware

Secunia 2.0

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,886 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:24 AM