Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ntoskrnl.exe" IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Can't boot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 snickerpop2

snickerpop2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 23 March 2018 - 08:56 PM

Edit: I think I fixed it partly

======================================================================================================

Not sure which computer forum would be the best to post this, but this seems like a good place to start.

Like my post says I am having issues with my computer booting.   

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe

I am able to boot into safe mode no problem. Normal mode breaks at the login in screen. 

- I think that means it is not a hardware issue.

- Somehow maybe a driver or something is breaking windows. It has to be something that starts up before even login in.

I am not sure how to go about finding what is causing the program. Maybe a windows update but I can't see them from safe mode  It is very strange because window was working the day before. I don't remember any major changes. . 

I am also getting 

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (wdfilter.sys) maybe every 10 boots or so.  

=====================================================================================================================================

To anyone who has these two errors. The fix I found was disabling windows defender. 
The way to do it from safe mode is to 

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-permanently-disable-windows-defender-windows-10

I still haven't found why windows crap on it self so hard. But I can at least boot up now

Edited by snickerpop2, 23 March 2018 - 09:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 23 March 2018 - 09:19 PM

Glad you fixed your problem, thank you for the update!

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:53 PM

You didn't tell us which version of Windows you're running. If it's Windows 10 and you've disabled Windows Defender, please make sure you download another antivirus program too keep you protected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users