Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't get rid of corrupt version of Spice sim.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 trouble at mill

trouble at mill

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:40 PM

Hello, I'm just wondering if anyone can help with getting rid of a corrupt version of "Spice Simulator" I need to re-install it but I cannot get rid of the corrupt version, I just get the message

"XV11x86.exe Schematic capture has stopped working", entry point CloseTouchInputHandle could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.dll.

Windows checks for a solution but comes up with nothing!.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RokTV

RokTV

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:44 PM

Install https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/942288/windows-installer-4-5-is-available

Then try again.

#3 trouble at mill

trouble at mill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:30 PM

Hello RocTV,

Thanks for your recent help with the problem of getting rid of the corrupt SPICE simulator software, your link did'nt help Im afraid, but I did eventually get rid of it (and the other instances of it that turned up). So, now I've got to bite the bullet and download it again and hope there's no further problems!.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users