Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Program Called Hurl

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 petocities

petocities

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 04 October 2006 - 11:24 AM

I have this exe in my desktop called hurl (hurl.exe). It got there after I tried to install some activeX to watch an online video. After it got there, I tried to delete it, but it kept saying that it was in use, so it was impossible to remove. I checked it with norton, panda, and other antivirus and spyware tools as bazooka and ad-ware, but it didn't appear as a virus either.
So, I checked in the task manager to find out if it was running or not, but i couldn't find it there. I tried running my computer in secure mode, so maybe that way it wouldn't execute itself, but got the same result (being used). I looked for it in the msconfig, but wasn't able to find it again. So, I don't know what it is, what it does, but its annoying and bothersome over there, and it might be something menaceful.
Im running on a XP home OS, using firefox 1.5.0.7, in a hp laptop, never been formatted (if it helps somehow). I will keep looking for info, maybe I will be able to find something else about it.
Thanks Beforehand

PS: its hard to be helpful over here, cuz you guys really know your bleep... :thumbsup:

Edited by petocities, 04 October 2006 - 11:25 AM.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 04 October 2006 - 11:36 AM

I just did a Google search for "hurl.exe" and their are several sites that explain what it is and, if you want, how to remove it.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 04 October 2006 - 12:51 PM

Hurl.exe is a program from LoudEye.com who partner with the makers of RealPlayer. It is downloaded when you listen to music files/samples. The program doesn't appear to be malicious but is difficult to delete.

Try deleting it in "SAFE MODE". If that does not work then try removing it with Unlocker, MoveOnBoot or Delete Doctor.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 petocities

petocities
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 04 October 2006 - 02:12 PM

Hurl.exe is a program from LoudEye.com who partner with the makers of RealPlayer. It is downloaded when you listen to music files/samples. The program doesn't appear to be malicious but is difficult to delete.

Try deleting it in "SAFE MODE". If that does not work then try removing it with Unlocker, MoveOnBoot or Delete Doctor.

thanks a lot for the help. Actually, after this post I left the page open and left for several hours. Thats why I didn't google it... sorry to bother guys.
Posted Image

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 04 October 2006 - 02:25 PM

Not a bother. That's what we're here for.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users