Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Questions regarding how to create a website (first-time user)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 ComputerQuestions

ComputerQuestions

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:20 PM

Dear members,

I wish to create a website of my own, however I have some questions.

1.  Is Godaddy a good choice for hosting my would-be website?  Mine will be a mostly text-based site, it will not use up too many resources.  Although I am not sure how popular it will grow.  

2.  How will people be able to find my website?  I won't be doing any search engine optimization since I know nothing about it, nor do I have the money to hire a pro to do it for me.  Will my site still show up in Google, even if I do nothing?

3. What is a good way to gauge how popular my website is?  

4. If someone ever tries to hack my site, will they be hacking GoDaddy's server instead of my computer?

5. How can I know for sure that my site is still up-and-running?  Is there a "test" I could do to make sure?  What I am worried about is someone hacking into my personal computer, and then make it seem like my site is fine when in fact it's not.  I don't want to be living in a fool's paradise, so to speak.

6. If my site has controversial (but not illegal) content, would Godaddy take my site down?  If yes, what should I do?

I apologize in advance if my questions seem dumb.  I really am very new to this whole internet thing.  Thank you.

Edited by ComputerQuestions, 23 March 2018 - 04:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RokTV

RokTV

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:46 PM

2. type into google, add your site to google, first result

5. https://isitup.org

#3 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 23 March 2018 - 09:57 PM

1. Go Daddy has alot of tech support available 24-7

2. You can add your site to get found and it will come up on internet searches.

3. Google Analytics can help you know about your site traffic.

4. Your site won't get hacked it is hosted on the godaddy server.

5. If your site goes down godaddy will notify you and you will be notified when it comes back up.

6. Your site should stay up..
Define controversial

Edited by Martel, 23 March 2018 - 10:12 PM.

#4 ComputerQuestions

ComputerQuestions
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 31 March 2018 - 02:36 PM

2. type into google, add your site to google, first result

2. You can add your site to get found and it will come up on internet searches.

Thank you both for your input.

Question: How do I go about adding my site to google?  I need step-by-step instructions since all this is brand-new to me.  Thanks in advance.

#5 RokTV

RokTV

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 01 April 2018 - 12:24 AM

It used to be just typing or pasting in the URL of your site. Now google has changed things, you need to sign in first. Create a google account if you haven't got one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users