I wish to create a website of my own, however I have some questions.
1. Is Godaddy a good choice for hosting my would-be website? Mine will be a mostly text-based site, it will not use up too many resources. Although I am not sure how popular it will grow.
2. How will people be able to find my website? I won't be doing any search engine optimization since I know nothing about it, nor do I have the money to hire a pro to do it for me. Will my site still show up in Google, even if I do nothing?
3. What is a good way to gauge how popular my website is?
4. If someone ever tries to hack my site, will they be hacking GoDaddy's server instead of my computer?
5. How can I know for sure that my site is still up-and-running? Is there a "test" I could do to make sure? What I am worried about is someone hacking into my personal computer, and then make it seem like my site is fine when in fact it's not. I don't want to be living in a fool's paradise, so to speak.
6. If my site has controversial (but not illegal) content, would Godaddy take my site down? If yes, what should I do?
I apologize in advance if my questions seem dumb. I really am very new to this whole internet thing. Thank you.
Edited by ComputerQuestions, 23 March 2018 - 04:23 PM.