Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't run any browser after removing avast

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 siddharthk

siddharthk

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:24 AM

Hi!,

Due to lagging issues, I removed Avast by the Avast remover utility and also removed Windscribe VPN but after that I'm not able to use internet in Opera, Microsoft Edge (I'm connected to internet now) :( . I'm using Tor Browser to access the internet in the same laptop.( I think the Tor Browser uses some proxy server to connect to internet)

So please help me by getting me out of this problem. I hope anyone would help me :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,878 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:46 AM

Welcome to BC...

You can use Download Windows Repair (All In One)

Suggest running these repairs: (Or perform all repairs)

• Repair Winsock & DNS Cache
  • Remove Temp Files
  • Repair Proxy Settings

EDIT: after a bit of searching....see info at How to uninstall a VPN the correct way | TechRadar

QUOTE ONE PARAGRAPH: Others may be more significant. NordVPN had some IP addresses, Windscribe left all our settings and the last external IP address, and FrootVPN and Anonine left data including our usernames and encrypted password.

Edited by buddy215, 23 March 2018 - 05:08 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Hareen

Hareen

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:48 AM

Try following the steps in this link:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/663569/chrome-is-not-connecting-to-internet

And let me know if it helped.

Also, I suggest running CCleaner (general) service once. Not the registry cleaner.

#4 siddharthk

siddharthk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:08 AM

I followed the instruction but did not get success. PFA the windows repair AIO logs.

I uninstalled Windscribe VPN & all related apps like OpenVPN & Tap-Windows with the geek uninstaller and it removed all the leftovers.

Let me explain my problem

When I uninstalled Avast with the remover utility after that I can't access the internet via opera & Microsoft edge.And When I connected to Virtual Network via Windscribe VPN I can access the internet via browsers.

Attached Files

#5 siddharthk

siddharthk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 09:59 PM

Problem solved by changing the DNS Server to default.

#6 opera

opera

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:24 AM

Problem solved by changing the DNS Server to default.

Thanks for posting what worked for you.

It may help others who have the same issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users