Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not enough VRam which to lower first keeping looks

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Silhorn

Silhorn

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:37 PM

Hello,

Recently bought a 9500 GT 256MB to play light games such as insurgency.

Can play on 1080 with low settings. Used MSI Afterburner OSD to check what is the bottleneck. Turns out it was VRam most of the time.

I am just here to ask, which setttings to lower first to keep game looking good but reduce VRam?

As far I know resolution is the last thing I should reduce as that will affect image quality the most. Next is shader and texture quality, which one is best to lower without loosing too much image quality? 

Also does filtering and shadows effect vram?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users