Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

YouTube not loading

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 minesapint

minesapint

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:55 PM

Hi just registered and hoping to get some advice. As I do not know what my problem is I do not know if I am posting on the correct board however I have a laptop with Windows7. 

Wednesday night I was watching music videos on YouTube and when I turned my computer on on Thursday night a mystery new icon had appeared on my screen. It was the google chrome logo and is a shortcut to some music very similar to what I was listening to previously. Now when I go onto YouTube I just get a plain grey screen with YouTube in top left hand corner. It does not attempt to load. Have I got a virus? Have I switched something off? How did this new icon appear?

Rest of computer seems to be working fine.

Thanks

minesapint

Edited by hamluis, 23 March 2018 - 02:51 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RokTV

RokTV

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:32 PM

Right click on the mystery icon, properties, shortcut. What is the target? What browser are you using for YouTube?

#3 minesapint

minesapint
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:24 AM

Thanks,  Very dim regarding these things. Have right clicked the icon, properties but cannot find anything to do with a target. I understand my browser is google chrome. I am not aware I have a browser other than this. Should I get another browser and could you suggest which one. Might or might not be anything to do with the mystery icon????????????

Minesapint

#4 minesapint

minesapint
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:58 AM

UPDATE------Realised I had Internet Explorer on my computer and have managed to access YouTube from that so problem seems to be to do with the Google Chrome/YouTube combination. I have probably clicked something with my clumsy fingers but just knowing what????????

Minesapint

#5 minesapint

minesapint
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:53 AM

Just to advise all working fine now, apparently just needed to clear my browser data and cached files.

Thanks

minesapint

#6 RokTV

RokTV

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:00 PM

Ok. Thank you. You might like to try Opera and Firefox browsers and compare them with Internet Explorer and Chrome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users