Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 64bit issue when RAM greater than 4GB

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Welephant

Welephant

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:49 PM

emachines ET1331 (Yes its basic but it works)

Successfully installed Windows 10 64bit and everything runs fine with either 2Gig or 4Gig RAM installed. 

Add additional RAM up to 8Gig which BIOS recognises and on boot Windows 10 goes into Automatic Repair Mode which ends in failure. Nor will the original USB/DVD Windows 10 install when trying to do a repair from that.

Drop back to 4Gig RAM and all is fine again.

First error given as hiberfil.sys and error code 0xc0000411 which I dealt with as suggested by turning off hibernation.

Now when above 4Gig Windows 10 attempts Automatic Repair and arrives at the universal nightmare error code 0xc0000225.

I suspect this is a problem with Windows 10 and memory addressing and looking at BIOS settings I tried Memory Hole Disable/Able option and also System Configuration Boot Advanced Options to confirm the Maximum Memory box is Unchecked.

Before I try a BIOS flash does anyone have any experience of Windows 10 64bit problems with RAM greater than 4Gig? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users