Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WinRAR - How to extract this file

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 zanshin777

zanshin777

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:52 PM

How to extract this file? It seems in the every WinRAR file in Main Folder there is same file. When I try to extract to the Main Folder it wants me to replace one of the WinRAR files.

Information of attachments I uploaded

WinRAR : Main Folder Screen Shot

WinRAR 1 : First WinRAR File

WinRAR 2 : Second WinRAR File

WinRAR 3 : Third WinRAR File

Note : How to attach a file. I could not attach them!!!

Edited by zanshin777, 22 March 2018 - 01:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,008 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:38 PM

Not all sections of BC allow uploading/attaching files to topics/posts but this one does. the procedure is as follows :-

Click on the button in the bottom right corner 'More reply options', then browse to the location of your file and select it. Then click 'Attach this file'. Once you have done that you will see another 'Add to Post'. This inserts it into your post/topic and job done.

Here is a very small textfile as an example -

Attached File  Team 7th March.txt   71bytes   1 downloads

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#3 zanshin777

zanshin777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:59 AM

Where is Browse Button?

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,444 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:28 AM

I don't get an option to attach files on this forum. You will need to upload them to some cloud service like dropbox and provide the URL. For images use a image hosting service like postImage.org and provide the url. Or lick on the Image icon under the Text icon color and paste in the URL postimage provides.

#5 zanshin777

zanshin777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:00 PM

Interesting. I remember I attached some pictures on the website without using cloud services.

Whatever;

I uploaded them dropbox.

Here they are;

WinRAR : Main Folder Screen Shot

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hq52adt9e1wnn7/WinRAR.PNG?dl=0

WinRAR 1 : First WinRAR File

https://www.dropbox.com/s/engcoideg6ahjrq/WinRAR%201.PNG?dl=0

WinRAR 2 : Second WinRAR File

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nuy4yowlrbm91bq/WinRAR%202.PNG?dl=0

WinRAR 3 : Third WinRAR File

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ial3ngapczozih7/WinRAR%203.PNG?dl=0

Edited by zanshin777, 23 March 2018 - 03:02 PM.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,444 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:25 PM

When I click the link it asks for a password and user name. When you open your Dropbox account there should be an icon that lets you share a link. That is what you want to post.

On some of the Forums at BC you are allowed to attach a file but apparently not this one.

#7 zanshin777

zanshin777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:03 PM

Sorry my bad. 

Dropbox's interface got changed so I'm confused.

I fixed the links. You can check them out.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,444 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:24 PM

You need to unzip all the xpm files. Place all the .rar and the r00... rar files into a separate folder. Then right click the rar winrar file and select extract. Somebody split a large rar file into pieces then zipped them.

Hi! I stumbled upon some files with the extensions .r03, .r07, .r31 etc. I read in the Wikipedia, that these are RAR compressed archive files.How do I 'unrar' .r03, .r07, .r31, and etc. files?

1. .r03, .r07, .r31, and etc. RAR files belong to a set of RAR files which form a multipart archive, that you can not 'unrar' without all of it's parts.
  2. So go and get all the RAR files with the extensions .r03, .r07, .r31, and etc. There will be at least somewhat over 30 parts.
  3. Then place all files of the set in the same folder and double-click the first file with the extension ".rar" to start the unrar process (if RarZilla or a similar program is installed). All other parts, e.g., the ".r07" RAR file, will automatically be found and extracted.
  4. Congratulations! That's it. :-)

http://www.philippwinterberg.com/software/rar_faq_multipart_spanned_split_multivolume_files.php#faq_multipart_r03

#9 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,008 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:25 PM

This is what I see when I click on 'More reply options.

Attached File  More reply options.jpg   51.75KB   0 downloads

I know that as a Mod I have some editing privileges additional to those enjoyed by Members but I don't think it extends to posting images in sections where others can't.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,444 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 08:27 PM

Chris, I don't have the ability to attach files in this forum. Under More Reply Options I have nothing.

#11 zanshin777

zanshin777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2018 - 05:43 AM

Thank you very much for your detailed answer JohnC_21.

#12 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,444 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2018 - 06:46 AM

Your Welcome.

#13 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,008 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2018 - 06:57 PM

@ John_C21 #10

I'll need to look into that John.

Chris Cosgrove

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 24 March 2018 - 07:06 PM.

#14 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,011 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:17 PM

John,

Are you saying that when you hit the "More Reply Options" button you don't get the full editor and attach features (on this forum and others that support attachments, not all do) that looks like this?:

attach_bc.jpg 

Edited by britechguy, 24 March 2018 - 07:18 PM.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#15 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,444 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:34 PM

Yes, on most forums I get the attachment button but not on this one. Also on the System Building Forum there is no attachment button, at least for me.

Edited by JohnC_21, 24 March 2018 - 07:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users