Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

G4400 reasons against & gaming

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mac29

Mac29

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:01 AM

Hey I've got an opportunity to buy a G4400 cheap and I'm wondering if I build a really cheap system what would the negatives be re: games I couldn't play?

That's really it for the most part. I know it's not 4 true cores, and that we're entering an era where games are using more cores a lot more, but this could save me some dough until I really need something better. It would free up $ for a card whereas now I only have a GTX 750 (1GB).

I mostly play older games but would like the ability to get into some newer titles. Anything else like video editing can wait. May still go for the Ryzen 5 1400 but the price of GPU's is killing me. I think 4 core/8 thread is best for me so I'm thinking the Ryzen or go cheap and wait.

Any input re: titles I could and couldn't play would be useful. Seems the $$ to OC this chip (it can be done) outweighs spending on that but for the basic mobo's I'd virtually only have to buy a mobo, ram and replace my card.

Thanks,

Mac

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:21 AM

How cheap that G4400 is?

Your current system?

#3 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 2,891 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:14 PM

I dont think its worth it, even if its cheap.

With the ryzen 3 2200G being so cheap and far more powerful for the price point

Even if the G4400 is cheaper the R3 will still kick the crap out of it.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users