Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Insider Preview Build 17627 for Skip Ahead

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,620 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 21 March 2018 - 10:47 PM

MARCH 21, 2018 10:05 AM

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17627 for Skip Ahead

By Dona Sarkar and Brandon LeBlanc

Hello Windows Insiders!

Today, we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17627 (RS5) to Windows Insiders who have opted into Skip Ahead.

General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
  • We fixed an issue where If you try to open a file that is available online-only from OneDrive that hasn’t been previously downloaded to your PC (marked with a green checkmark in File Explorer), your PC could bugcheck (GSOD).
  • We fixed an issue resulting in the Emoji Panel not working in the last two flights.
  • When a process in Task Manager is suspended, or has suspended child processes, you’ll now see an icon indicating as much in the Status column of the Processes tab.
Known issues
  • If you open Settings and clicking on any links to the Microsoft Store or links in tips, Settings will crash. This includes the links to get themes and fonts from the Microsoft Store, as well as the link to Windows Defender.
  • When opening .html or .pdf files from the local system (double-click, right-click > open), Microsoft Edge will not render the loaded content if Microsoft Edge wasn’t already running before opening the file. To work around the issue, you can open the file again without closing Microsoft Edge.
  • On resuming from sleep, the desktop may be momentarily visible before the Lock screen displays as expected.
REMINDER: Sign up to be an Office Insider!

Our friends on the Office team want to reiterate their invitation for Windows Insiders to participate in feedback and product usage which will inform the next generation of Office innovations! Windows and Office are continually looking for the best-connected experiences. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and will help us to understand customer needs and scenarios and to prioritize our investments in the coming months. Please join the Office Insider Program to help directly affect product design decisions!

No downtime for Hustle-As-A-Service,
Dona <3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 softeyes

softeyes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,620 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 23 April 2018 - 11:20 PM

Per request of the BleepingComputer Administration:

It has been brought to my attention that I have infringed on the Microsoft Windows Insiders Program copy write by posting the topic announcement in this thread. I offer my humble apology for any wrong doing to Microsoft, Donna Sarkar, Brandon LeBlanc, Grinler, the BleepingComputer community and all public readers of this forum. I pride myself to follow rules, and I would never initially violate any rules of copy write of material found on the Internet, as I strive for the utmost respect for any and all material found on the internet.

Official release link:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/03/21/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17627-for-skip-ahead/

Respectfully yours, softeyes 4/23/2018

#3 greysmouth

greysmouth

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 22 May 2018 - 03:52 AM

Hi. I've been tried to install this Build 12/13 times, I don't remember. I had multiple GSODs , but no report about that. So, I ran BSODInspector-1.0.5 and if you let me,  I would attach here a file.zip. In the meantime, several issues came out: WStore cache damaged; Start Menu damaged; All MSs Pack Cabinets from the Net are not working, almost all utilities from the laptops Manufacteur are damaged and not working. I post this blog in your Forums, because MS 's not listening to any voice coming from Earth and don't accept any attachment other than pictures. Actually, Windows Update now has been paused.

Thank you in advance for your attention, cheers, greysmouth BO IT.

P.S.: well, not able to upload a 11 MB file. Could you help. please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users