Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan injector embedded in file

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Therinja

Therinja

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:49 PM

Hey folks , please forgive my ignorance if Im blundering ahead when this has been sorted out on another thread I just couldnt seem to find it anywhere .
I have upgraded virus protection on my pc after getting a dodgy file on it. I got shot of all the games and used adwcleaner and numerous other malware and spyware detecting services. Adwplus wouldnt work for a long while and kept terminating half way through debugging . Using a beta version I was able to complete the scan and eradicate the Trojan and other invasive PUPs . HOWEVER... the main Trojan keeps trying to execute something and keeps coming back. My pc comes up with a prompt there was a problem starting wdmaudio.inf and my pc protection sofware quarantines the process. I delete and re scan and sort out the registry but it keeps re appearing and its driving me nuts! Can you help?

Mod edit :  Moved from Win 8.1 to 'Am I infected?'

Chris Cosgrove

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 22 March 2018 - 07:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 landscaper

landscaper

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:46 AM

This might not help you to remove it but use task manager and tick on startup and see if it's in there.If it is disable it and restart and see if it shows up again.If not then you can work on removing it.This has happened to me on a few occasions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users