Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disk management, Dism Problem too..

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 toramdoram

toramdoram

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:56 AM

Hello, my Disk space always running 100% every time i try to load something like opening browsers etc.. and drops right away too but the problem is when i load sometimes it gets stuck. so i went to do a sfc scan and it found error.,

i did also chkdsk and found an error, and did fix and scanned drive C, after that i aim at drive f it says warning.  but the scan keeps fixing drive c so i wondered why it doesn't detect drive f and then i check disk management i found the volume missing?? the last i remember it has names like C ,F, etc.. idk why this happen but there was 1 time i got into a virus i no longer remember what,but that where it started to get disk 100

..right now whenever i check it says all safe.

pls HELp me what to do! 

pc: windows 8.1

64 bit, asus rog751jm

Attached File  afdfs.png   16.26KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Untitled.png   25.21KB   0 downloads

Edited by toramdoram, 21 March 2018 - 09:14 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dmccoy

dmccoy

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,188 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:30 PM

Type the following command, and then press ENTER:

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

Upload sfcdetails.txt from your desktop

Download Process Explorer

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

1. Save it to your desktop then run it.
  2. Right Click and Select Run As Administrator
  3. In the View Menu click on Select Columns
  4. Check Verified Signer, Virus Total and Click OK
  5. Select Options Menu and Check Verify Image Signatures, VirusTotal.com > Check Virustotal.com
  6. Double Click on the CPU Column to sort by highest CPU usage.
  7. (Highest CPU Processes should be at the top once sorted properly)
  8. Wait approximately a minute
  9. Select Save or Save As from the File menu and save SystemIdleProcess.txt to Desktop
  10. Upload the file to your Reply

We are all volunteers so please by kind, courteous and respectful

I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder. 

BC BSOD Posting Instructions 

#3 toramdoram

toramdoram
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:59 PM

Thank you for helping!! 

Attached Files

#4 dmccoy

dmccoy

• 1,188 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:21 AM

DuMeter is using quite a bit of resources.

Please perform these next steps

Step1:
I Recommend removing all the IO BIT software installed

All of these Registry Cleaners, Boosters, Optimizers, TuneUp Utilities. etc type will do a lot more harm than good and slow your system down.

Step 2
findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

Step 3:
Download MiniToolBox and save it to your desktop
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/MiniToolBox.exe

1. Run as Administrator to start
2. Select to Run All options
3. Click Go and wait patiently
4. Upon completion (a reboot may be needed) a file called Result.txt will be saved on your desktop.
5. Upload or Paste the Results.txt to your next reply

Step 4:
Download Security Check by screen317 from.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/securitycheck/
Save it to your Desktop.
Double click the install icon.
If using Vista - Win 7 - right click the install icon and select "Run as Administrator"
A command Prompt window will open.
Let it scan and press any key when asked.
It should now open in Notepad.
The saved log will be called checkup.txt.
Copy and Paste or upload the filebox

I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder. 

#5 toramdoram

toramdoram
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2018 - 01:54 AM

Hello Sir,good day!! :lol:  

i have uninstalled the iobit products.

Attached Files

#6 toramdoram

toramdoram
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:01 AM

Hello? 

what is next for me to do?, i still have issues in cbs and also the Disk management still has no names. 

My disk 100% seems to drop which is good sir. 

#7 dmccoy

dmccoy

• 1,188 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2018 - 12:20 PM

Sorry for the delay. The errors in cbs.log are only related to chrome and firefox browsers. I am not sure what is causing them. My suggestion would be to remove and reinstall them and see if it fixes those errors.

The missing drive letters are correct, you are only using one drive and the other partitions are system and recovery which should not have drive letters.

A few minor things:

Are you using internet connection sharing? Showing an error with ipnathlp. Which is usually resolved by turning off internet connection sharing.

Also some error with NvStreamSvc - Related to Nvidia shield. If not using then it can be disabled.

Check and update if older your realtec HD audio driver from the link below

http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3

Looks like a few leftovers still from removing IO bit software. Perform the following steps so we can clean them up.

Download and Run the following program from here

1. Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
  2. Right-click the "Autoruns.exe" and Select Run As Administrator
  3. Make sure Hide Microsoft Entries is Checked Under the Options Menu
  4. After Scanning is Finished
  5. Go to File then Save
  6. Save AutoRuns.am file to known location like your Desktop
  7. Upload file to your next reply

Edited by dmccoyks, 28 March 2018 - 12:21 PM.

#8 toramdoram

toramdoram
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 02:06 AM

remember the virus name now its called INitial site 123, it uses the Chrome and firefox to install advertisement and other viruses/ trojan. I recently just updated chrome but still found a link to initial and deleted it. it seems whenever i install any of the two it gets infected. 

I see, sorry about that but I sort'a remember it has so I thought its bug and asked for help., why i cant scan Drive F? when i type command chkdsk /f C:

about the connection I'm using wifi, I've checked (not sure if this u mean) but found no sharing option. The Ethernet has one, i disabled now.

About NVIDIA, it got bug when i updated to windows 10. At first the 10 was working good up to 3months of use but later i updated Kaspersky to 10 and thats when ive got blue screen of death. I went to asus repair shop and they factory reset my pc, after that my GPU tweak is not working right. im not sure if this is included to be fixed here. 

Im not allowed to sent .arn file so i saved it under txt.

Realtek HD; my Internal Subwoofer is broken i have confirmed this when a technician is cleaning my pc/fan. is there a way to disable it? right now i have silent the internal subwoofer.

Hello Sir, ive attached the file as .arn, and .am but it wont let me so ived attached it via ,txt. it keeps saying im not permitted to upload this kind of file.

Again Sir Thank you for helping me.

Attached Files

#9 dmccoy

dmccoy

• 1,188 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:57 AM

remember the virus name now its called INitial site 123, it uses the Chrome and firefox to install advertisement and other viruses/ trojan. I recently just updated chrome but still found a link to initial and deleted it. it seems whenever i install any of the two it gets infected. 

It sounds like you have not completely gotten rid of this virus then. We can try to clean it by following the steps at the end of my post under malware repair or you are welcome to post to the malware forum for this issue.

Realtek HD

If you want to completely disable your sound driver then:

Go to Device Manager - Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager

Right click on Realtech HD audio driver 

Select Disable from the menu

chkdsk /f C:

This is the wrong command to scan drive C: should be chkdsk c: /f or chkdsk c: /r for more thorough scan and fixes

The Ethernet has one, i disabled now.

Okay that should resolve that error.

I've attached the file as .arn, and .am but it wont let me so ived attached it via ,txt.

Please compress the file to a .zip file and then upload. It won't work as a .txt file.

Malware cleanup steps:

Rkill

1. Download Rkill from the below link.
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/I
  2. Double click on Rkill program to stop the malicious programs from running
  3. RKill will now start working in the background, please be patient while this utiltiy looks for malicious process and tries to end them
  4. When the Rkill tool has completed its task, it will generate a log. Do not reboot your computer after running RKill as the malware programs will start again
  5. Upload or Paste your Log file to next reply

Adware Cleaner

Download https://toolslib.net/downloads/finish/1/ to your desktop.

• Important! Before starting AdwCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Windows Vista/ 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Click on the scan button
  • When the scan is ready click on the Clean button
  • Upload or Paste the log in your next reply.

Junkware Removal Tool

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/junkware-removal-tool/

• Please close your security software to avoid potential conflicts. See Here how to disable you security protection (Anti Virus)
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, right-mouse click it and select Run as administrator.
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete, depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your Desktop and will automatically open.
  • Please post the contents of JRT.txt into your reply.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/

• Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, you will be prompted to download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has Started
  • Click on the Settings button
  • Click on Protection tab
  • Enable the Scan for rootkits
  • select Scan now. Or select the Threat Scan from the Scan menu.
  • When the scan is complete , make sure that that all Threats are selected, and click Remove Selected.
  • Reboot your computer if prompted.
  • After the restart, Open Malwarebytes
  • Click on the History tab > Application Logs.
  • Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.
  • Click 'Export'.
  • Click 'Text file (*.txt)

#10 toramdoram

toramdoram
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2018 - 03:13 AM

sorry late reply, thank u so much again for helping Sir!

below the attached files.

Attached Files

#11 dmccoy

dmccoy

• 1,188 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2018 - 12:55 PM

I don't see the Malwarebytes log, did you run that process?

Click on Start menu
Type command to start searching
Right click on command prompt in list and select Run Administrator
Copy and Paste each the commands below into the command prompt and press Enter key

1. sfc /scannow (best to run 2-3 times, rebooting after each time)

(Windows 8 or higher)
2. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

When these have completed:
Right click on the top bar command window
Left click on Edit then Select All
Right click on the top bar again
Left click on edit then copy
paste into your reply

If any Errors are found with sfc /scannow then:

#12 techiegeek12

techiegeek12

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 01 April 2018 - 10:54 PM

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/947821/fix-windows-update-errors-by-using-the-dism-or-system-update-readiness

#13 toramdoram

toramdoram
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2018 - 03:43 AM

to sir dmccoyks,

thank you again Sir.

sfcdetails wont upload so i put it on the zip and followed a screenshot.

to techiegeek12

thank you for the guide sir, but im not sure when will i apply those.

i also have read that before posting here but im not pro and i dont understand much.

Attached Files

#14 dmccoy

dmccoy

• 1,188 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:51 PM

The cbs.log still shows the same chrome and firefox errors. I recommend uninstalling them both with the following tool and use the advanced method to make sure it cleans all the leftovers after uninstalling. Make sure you let it create a restore point before uninstalling. Are you experiencing any other issues?

https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

#15 toramdoram

toramdoram
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2018 - 11:22 PM

Hello Sir, 

is there a way to find out where the old google and firefox is installed? the Revo cant detects the two of them and I'm not using firefox browser I mean it's not installed on my pc.

So far I'm happy my disk running good thanks to u Sir although I'm not sure if this is normal because my disk runs at a minimum of 50% for the pc and the other 50% for the external hard disk when its plug. I tried to open application all in same time and it reaches 73% disk but I experienced lag in seconds. if the external is idle and my pc is busy the disks percent stays at 49-50%.

Maybe it's in my Regedit, is there a way I can share it with you?

I'm really sorry for the title of my post because I didn't know that the issue was related to the virus that I've got in.

Ived uninstalled the Chrome version 65.0.3325.181

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users