Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having trouble printing directly from Chrome

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BertPeace13

BertPeace13

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:32 PM

Lads, I don't know if this thread really belongs here, so please Admins, if I'm in the wrong forum, please move it to wherever it fits better.

Now, to the point: I'm having trouble printing directly from Chrome (65.0.3325.146 version, 64-bit) to my old but faithful Canon MP250. I get all sorts of trouble; sudden permanent offline messages; intermittent offline-online messages (very fast, almost like a bleeping cursor); no printing at all; half-printed pages; etc.

In view of this, I decided to download everything and print from the PC, and I have had no trouble whatsoever while doing so; however, just tried again with an HTML file which gave me the same trouble after I opened it with Chrome, but worked correctly when opened with Edge. 

I know I can just change the configuration and solve the problem, but thing is, because other less skilled users (even more than me!) have access to the PC and won't know what to do if they see different windows than those they are accustomed to, I need to find out what's going on and fix it; besides, I don't think I should leave the problem unattended, making configuration changes to just skip it, without dealing with the cause (also, the Edge thing made me suspicious).  

Advice, please. 

PS: OS is Win10 Home, 64-bit. 

Edited by BertPeace13, 21 March 2018 - 01:16 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users