- Samsung model 940Z5L
- x64-based PC
- Intel Core i7-6700HQ @ 2.6 Ghz, 4 cores
- Windows 10
- Nvidia 950m
I have been having these BSOD's for quite some time now. I have done:
- sfc /scannow, which comes up clean
- chkdsk, comes up clean
- Seatools, comes up clean
- dism /online /checkhealth, comes up clean
- Windows memory diagnostic and memtest, comes up clean
- updated drivers, I believe all of them but I may have missed some
- uninstalling and reinstalling my graphics drivers and sound drivers
Most recently I have attempted to change my dump files to Kernel dumps, but the last BSOD I had did not create a dump, and instead was stuck at 0%.
The BSOD's seem to occur after a long period of my laptop in sleep, and usually in this case it is within minutes of waking, but it seems like every time I use it for an extended period of time, it will crash. I only added my two available dumps in the above folder, but many more than that have occurred. I think they were overwritten.
Also noted, Samsung does not offer the drivers or BIOS specifically for this device online, but only through the Samsung update app that comes pre-installed. I stay up to date on the updates, but I also try to manually update the drivers through device manager.
Any help would be much appreciated!
I didn't notice the instructions in the pinned post. Here's all the information needed.
Edited by jeremyc61298, 20 March 2018 - 08:36 PM.