Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comptuer Slow but Resource Monitor seems normal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chrissysee

Chrissysee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 20 March 2018 - 06:31 PM

Hi, I've done some searching and can't seem to wrap my head around what is wrong with my computer. Since last weekend my computer has been acting slow on every applications, seems more noticeable in games. I've checked resource monitor and everything looks normal. I watched it while playing a game and it was fine but the game itself was choppy. The same thing happens while watching Twitch or youtube, some of the videos will stutter at times. When opening games they take longer as well. This doesn't make sense because most of my games are on an SSD. I was wondering if a power surge from a recent storm would have caused this but i think I've been having this problem before that. Any ideas? Thanks. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 edx555

edx555

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:56 PM

Check fans are working and not plugged (video card if has one),  power supply might be failing, cheap online testers will tell, and last but not least, scan for virus, adware, ccleaner or similar if you have'nt already cleaned out , oh and hdd diagnostics's , hdd might be goin south

#3 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Malware Study Hall Junior
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:56 PM

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users