Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Springtime

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,459 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 20 March 2018 - 04:25 PM

It's 3/20/2018 and time to look out for Daffodils! 

Welcome_Spring_2.gif

Enjoy!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,677 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 04:46 PM

One of the two days in the year when the sun rises and sets exactly over the equator.  Exactly equal day and night periods, 12 hours of each.

#3 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 20 March 2018 - 05:57 PM

It's also a reminder that several months of Hell is just around the corner.

YES I HATE SUMMER.

Summer = hot 90 degree and 100 degree days, having to pay for yard work that has to be done and all of that other crap that comes with the Hell of Summer BLAH.

I DESPISE YARD WORK, CONCRETE THE ULTIMATE IN LAWNS.

Summer would be OK if the temperatures never exceeded 80 degrees and no I don't care to move or live in California where they have earthquakes.

Where I live tornado's can somewhat be predicted.

Edited by The-Toolman, 20 March 2018 - 06:04 PM.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.

(Mark Twain)

Inspiration can be found in a pile of junk. Sometimes, you can put it together with a good imagination and invent something.

(Thomas Edison)

#4 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,677 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 06:57 PM

Tornado's and snow storms, you can have them.  I don't mind a rattle now and then, single story house not about to fall down.  Washington and Oregon too wet, New Mexico, Arizona and Texas, too hot, muggy and twisters.  No place really safe buy California just shakes.  Forest fires and resulting mud slides keep me away from the coast.  Central Valley may be HOT but the AC works and the nights are cool.  Hawaii??  Great but costly, limited climate events and great surfing.  Grew up in Minnesota and will never go back.

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,219 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 20 March 2018 - 07:22 PM

Come to Scotland ?

If the temperature goes North of 20C (mid 60's F) in summer we start wilting. Haven't had an earthquake in the last couple of hundred thousand years. We do get the occasional earth tremor - which might rattle the crockery in the cupboard - and that makes headlines. And no tornados.

There are one or two downsides. It has been known to rain here but at least that is good for the whisky and the beer, and we can suffer from midges which are tiny blood eating flies which are a blot on the landscape. But what the hell, nowhere is perfect.

Chris Cosgrove

#6 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 20 March 2018 - 07:42 PM

When I was younger I used to love the Summer and the heat never bothered me although I've always hated yard work / lawn care etc.

I live in Oklahoma and it gets hot and humid here and yes we have air conditioning although you get tied of being inside all of the time but it's to damn hot to enjoy outdoors.

The good things about Summer are cookouts :thumbup2: and women in bikinis :thumbup2: I like them both I'm old but I ain't dead. :lol:

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.

(Mark Twain)

Inspiration can be found in a pile of junk. Sometimes, you can put it together with a good imagination and invent something.

(Thomas Edison)

#7 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 414 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 07:53 PM

Spring'g great here, summer? That's when the snowbirds flee. Being year-rounders we can call them cowards, but they can call us stupid when temps hit 115° to 120° (So. Cal. Lower desert), but folks actually acclimate as it's a dry heat, except August which is miserable due to some humidity.
About 2 miles from the San Andreas fault, oh well, we live in an imperfect world. :)

#8 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,677 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:59 PM

There are many worse places to live.  I've visited many east Asian countries and stayed for extended periods in a few but none offers the broad cross section of climates like the USA.  The most terrible was Viet Nam, spent 170 days there, one period it rained for 105 days straight.  Many have excellent climates during the summer but are very taxing in the winter, guess you can't have it all.  Many are afraid of earthquakes here in California but unless you live in the big cities, you'll find them exciting.

#9 softeyes

softeyes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,459 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2018 - 11:42 PM

@r.a.d..........do you have a headache this evening from the elevated atmospheric pressure as we wait for the (wait for it) rain! All day I felt like I was in New Orleans in July with a 98% humidity factor and yes, I reached for the Tylenol! Outside of the fear of earthquake, San Diego is typically known for 365 days of blissful weather and, in comparison to New York right now with it's 4th nor-easter...we are lucky. However, you might want to delay your Spring Break holiday to San Diego, here is the expected migrane weather outlook  (and of course we are complaining!  :lmao: )

migrane.jpg

What's Spring Break looking like for you?

#10 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 414 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 09:22 AM

Hi softeyes, actually we have a 60% chance of rain today, neighbors have their cameras set up on tripods to photograph this rare desert event! :)

#11 iMacg3

iMacg3

Bleepin' 68000

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,032 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:01 AM

Here's the same "Migraine Headache forecast" for Indianapolis. Definitely a little colder than San Diego, but not bad:
vgCQNSX.png

Here, when it's 50F in winter, everyone thinks it's great weather and puts on shorts and a T shirt and goes outside.

r.a.d: Wow! 115F - 120F in summer where you live! The hottest it's ever been in Indiana was 116F back in 1936. The average summer temperatures are 75F - 90F, with high humidity. Sometimes, it feels like New Orleans here in the summer.

Edited by iMacg3, 22 March 2018 - 11:08 AM.

Regards, iMacg3

"Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

#12 DarthMaul1

DarthMaul1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:27 PM

me and my family go to Europe every summer to avoid city heat. After 5 years of swimming and chilling in the sea with 90F max they even want to buy an apartment in Greece. I didn't know that but because of this smooth climat Greece has a reputation as one of the best countries for retirement - really

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users