Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Facebook Scandal

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:45 AM

How Cambridge Analytica Scraped Everyone's Facebook Data Without Hacking Anything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07fhIVNYW1s

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 928 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 11:30 AM

And so it goes........Why in the world would anyone want to join a social media platform where you have NO control over what is being collected and disseminated.

...........It just boggles the mind.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/utterly-horrifying-ex-facebook-insider-says-covert-data-harvesting-was-routine/ar-BBKsPq7?li=BBnb7Kz

Edited by sikntired, 20 March 2018 - 11:36 AM.

#3 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 20 March 2018 - 04:53 PM

Something I taught my children when we first got internet access on cable.  Never, ever give out your real or complete name, address, date of birth or location, or any specific information on any site, such as employer, schools or that of any friend or enemy.  Has kept things safe and free from any scams or trolling by anyone.  I know it can be hard if you wish to shop on line but with the advent of gift cards by most retailers, it makes it easier to buy if you don't have to put any banking information online and just use the gift card.  Assume that your info, regardless of the site, has been or will be hacked.

#4 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 815 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:55 PM

@ sikntired & mjd420nova

True true the internet is a wild and dangerous place.

#5 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:43 PM

And so it goes........Why in the world would anyone want to join a social media platform where you have NO control over what is being collected and disseminated.

...........It just boggles the mind.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/utterly-horrifying-ex-facebook-insider-says-covert-data-harvesting-was-routine/ar-BBKsPq7?li=BBnb7Kz

@ sikntired & mjd420nova

True true the internet is a wild and dangerous place.

I wish I knew how to convince my family of that.  They or several of them, go with the stylish trends.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users