Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cable internet micro-stuttering

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 quas

quas

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:54 PM

For the last 10 years I had a wi-fi 10Mbps internet and yesterday I finally got myself a Fiber optic internet 300Mbps. I thought that all my connection problems will be over and life will be bliss, but I've immediately noticed some micro-stuttering while watching some youtube videos. Every 10 seconds or so, there will be a literally 1/2 second stutter. Same thing in multiplayer games. I've tried nothing and I'm all out of ideas. I know close to nothing about networking, please help.

EDIT: Actually, the whole computer is stuttering, even when I'm watching some downloaded movie.

Edited by quas, 19 March 2018 - 03:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 null__

null__

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:48 PM

How old is your router? Is the computer connected via hard wired connection or wirelessly?

EDIT: How old is your computer? What browser are you using? Is your browser up to date?

Edited by null__, 19 March 2018 - 04:49 PM.

#3 quas

quas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:02 AM

Nevermind now, I think I fixed it. I needed two routers, one was connected with the optic fiber, then I connected it to the second one that had good wi-fi. I placed them further away from each other and the stuttering stopped (for now at least).

#4 Orecomm

Orecomm

• Members
  • 266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:00 PM

Do you have any device that is connected both wirelessly and wired Ethernet ? You may have constructed a network loop, what you describe is a common symptom. Most wireless routers will detect that and simply ignore the wireless connection, but if you have two routers, one wired and one wireless, and connect to both, you may be fighting yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users