Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Openend link in fake SMS on Android-phone

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Flintheart

Flintheart

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:59 PM

Hi

My mother received a SMS with a message about a package and a tracking link, she opened the link and now I'm concerned something is going on, especially since my computer is on the same network. 

The link didn't open to any site in Chrome, just got the usual error you get when a site fails to load. Everythings seems fine, Malwarebytes didn't find anything. The option to install apps from other sources than Google Play is disabled.

The phone is running Marshmallow.

Other apps to scan with, things to check? Should I do a factory reset?

Edited by Flintheart, 19 March 2018 - 03:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,199 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:09 PM

personally i wouldn't worry about it.....most likely just spam

#3 Flintheart

Flintheart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 11:35 AM

Ok, I did a factory reset and deleted everything just in case, I haven't noticed anything on any of the other PCs on the network. I guess I'm in the clear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users