Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to generate sysnative file

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 gp8888

gp8888

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:46 PM

Hi, 

I wanted to open a new post about my random BSOD issues but I am unable to generate the required Sysnative file as required by the forum. When I run the app there seems to be a lot of access denied entries and a access denied pop up will appear. This is followed by another pop up which states:

'Cannot find the C:\Users\Kenny\Documents\SysnativeFileCollectionApp\BSODPostingInstructions.txt file. Do you want to create a new file?

I have clicked on all the options available without any file being generated. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:01 PM

Hi, Kenny,

I will be glad to help you; can you run this alternate tool instead: https://github.com/blueelvis/BSOD-Inspector/releases/download/1.0.5/BSODInspector-1.0.5.exe?

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 gp8888

gp8888
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:02 PM

thanks, will do now

#4 gp8888

gp8888
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:07 PM

unfortunately it seems I cannot run the tool either. I get a pop up saying I don't have the appropriate permissions to access the item?

Attached Files

#5 gp8888

gp8888
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:21 PM

Hi,

I was able to run the alternative diagnostic tool the second time round and have attached the zip. Here is my speccy file: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/iOPkudSG81ELtmh3hKFdnp6.

My issue is that I have random blank (black) screens as well as solid colour screens that will appear on occasion forcing me to hard restart using my reset button. I have tried manually reinstalling drivers, doing a clean reinstall of windows 10 etc without any success. I also updated my bios to the most recent version and this did help for a while but the random blank screens did reappear. 

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Attached Files

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:39 PM

Thank you; there isn't much information to peruse in the report. What is the model and wattage of your power supply? Everything looks cool from the Speccy report, but is there any dust blockage inside the case? Can you put your graphics card on another PCI-E slot?

Can you reinstall your NVIDIA graphics drivers with the "Custom (Advanced)" option unchecking all options for 3D drivers and everything else apart from the graphics driver? You can download the drivers from EVGA's website; you may also wish to roll back a few driver versions, again only installing the plain graphics driver.

When did your problem start? When does it occur? During gaming, surfing the web, etc.?

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#7 gp8888

gp8888
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:52 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply,

My PSU is a Corsair HX 750 Watt Gold: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-HX750-Professional-750W-Modular/dp/B008O0RUVU 

The case is pretty clean, no blockages or dust build ups as far as I can see. 

The problem probably started a few months ago; I would see the blank screens almost every time I used the computer. Since updating the Bios, it has dramatically reduced the problem but has not solved it.

I use my machine mainly for surfing the web and some gaming. The problem occurs randomly whether it be surfing the web or gaming. 

I'll try your suggestions thanks

#8 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:12 PM

I noticed that the number of clocks on the RAM may not match the frequencies. Try running Memtest86 for 8 passes. If any errors occur during that time you can stop it. The instructions and download is here. https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

#9 gp8888

gp8888
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 07:54 AM

I noticed that the number of clocks on the RAM may not match the frequencies. Try running Memtest86 for 8 passes. If any errors occur during that time you can stop it. The instructions and download is here. https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

Thanks I’ll run memtest tonight

#10 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:43 PM

Any updates, Kenny? :)

#11 gp8888

gp8888
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:35 AM

So far so good, I’ve reinstalled the graphics driver as instructed without any problems. I haven’t had much time so I have not run memtest yet but hopefully will do some time this week.
Thanks for the help so far

#12 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 09:28 AM

You're welcome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users