Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frame laggy on everything sometimes?- dont know how to explain

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kenlav

kenlav

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:43 AM

I apologize if this question has been asked before.. but i dont even know how to search for it.. I think i have whats called frame lag, BUT it only happens every few seconds where my mouse cursor lags, my videos, (if im watching any) lag for a few seconds at a time basically everything thats running at the time, then stops for a few seconds. From what i can tell, restarting, and also waiting doesnt help at all. HOWEVER!!!! if task manager is open as a window..... IT DOESN'T LAG AT ALL LIKE WHAT??. so when i try to find whats taking so much memory or processing it like.. hides? and so... like wut? im so confused... is it a virus? malware? adware? i dont even know whereto begin fixing this problem Im running some anti stuff right now and hopefully it will help, but in the even that it doesnt, i hope someone here can give me some insight.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:51 AM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Are these games you play online or are these games you own?

What is the make and model of this computer?

What version of Windows 10 are you running?

To determine which version and build of Windows 10 you are running press the Windows key OS4o0pO.png, type in winver and press Enter.

What "anti stuff" are you running?

The Speccy Snapshot I'm requesting will provide us with a great deal of information about your computer, but one of the items it doesn't address is your PSU, if this is a laptop this will not apply.  Please post the make and model of your PSU.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

LUDoziL.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

speccy2.png

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy3.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Edited by dc3, 19 March 2018 - 10:58 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 kenlav

kenlav
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:05 AM

not in games, just lagging in general, it happens as soon as i start my pc, with no additional programs running except startup. 

Ive run ccleaner, malwarebytes and adwcleaner

i have windows 10 version 1709 (os build 16299.309)

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/XGCKXQSYfw0wPAhAcJ0jstS

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:20 AM

I see a date of 2/10/2018 for the last installation, what installation media did you use for this?

Did this problem start immediately after first running?

Is this the first time this computer has been running since being built?

Were all of your components new for this build?

Edited by dc3, 19 March 2018 - 11:30 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 kenlav

kenlav
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:23 AM

i didnt use any, it came pre-installed from amazon. Ive been using it for about 6 months? maybe more

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:35 AM

I'm not sure I'm following this correctly.  You are using a motherboard which is not used by OEM computer manufacturer's, for this reason I assumed that this is a custom build computer.  If this is the case, what came preinstalled from Amazon?

By the way, I edited my last post, so there may be content you haven't read.

Did Malwarebytes find anything is the scan?

Edited by dc3, 19 March 2018 - 11:37 AM.

#7 kenlav

kenlav
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 12:52 PM

dont know if they were new, but it was advertised as new, from cyberpower pc. yesterday would be the first time its started happening. 

also, if it is a custom built, i didnt build it, but i wouldnt doubt a company like cyberpower to custom built it with cheaper parts/brands for each component, but i doubt they would put incompatible parts together?

im not sure exactly what was preinstalled, no microsoft office, no antivirus, jsut the basics. 

the scan didnt reveal anything at all. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users