Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cd-r/cdrw

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 idarose

idarose

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 03 October 2006 - 11:02 PM

I find that if I put information on a CD and it gets full it will not reopen to read the files.
It keeps saying 'you have inserted a cd that requires the UDF Reader' do you want to install it now?
At which time I say, 'YES'. It installs and the CD still will not open.

I have a Adaptec UDF Reader Version 1.03, which came with the system software I assume.

I copied a file to a CD the other day; checked the free space which was over 500MB. The file I copied was not that large. I went back and tried to read the disk; and it gave me the above error.

I have about 6-7 CD's that are full of information I have copied over the years and I don't know how to get it back off....it was all written on my computer.

Why don't the CD's tell you when they are getting full ahead of time; like the diskettes do?

Windows ME...
Same system software; not changed...

Please, can someone help me.
I am ready to throw this into the creek for the fish to play on... :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 04 October 2006 - 01:21 PM

Try updating your Adaptec Reader

Adaptec UDF Reader Driver 5.1.1.213
http://www.download.com/3000-2100-10021086.html

#3 idarose

idarose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 07 October 2006 - 09:44 AM

Thanks Enthusiast; I did update the reader; did not make a difference. I ran a scandisc on the CD's and it said they were corrupted or something. Does that mean the information is unretrievable?

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 08 October 2006 - 09:23 AM

Try copying the data on the cd to a file on the hard drive (copy and paste or drag using Windows Explorer).

What happens?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users