Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to delete an app

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy58

Izzy58

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 10:02 PM

i Was locked out of my iPad so had to get it rebooted via Apple in Melbourne. Since then Ive been unable to delete apps via holding n waiting for wiggle on home screen or going into storage. Actually, I cant even get into storage to do anything as the server tells me theres an error with the system.

Any thoughts pleez as I had apps I dont use or want or know how/why theyre on my iPad and iPhone. Every time apple or Microsoft upd8s its harder to do a lot of stuff. This is a prime example!

Also, is it possible to get really old msgs back if u have an exact date.

Moved from BSOD to a more appropriate forum

NickAu

Edited by NickAu, 18 March 2018 - 11:13 PM.
Mod edit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 18 March 2018 - 11:35 PM

@ Izzy58 * Welcome to BleepingComputer!  :welcome:

If you would clarify,  did you do a reset or a restore to factory settings with Apple? 

If you restored, did you use iTunes or iCloud to get back in business? 

Regarding messages, are you referring to text messages? 

The two options that you have tried are what I do. It is indeed troubling that you are not able to get into Setting -> iPhone storage. If it were me, I'd reach out to Apple again to sort out that problem.

I did find an article offering two other methods to delete apps, you'll find in the link below. (I attempted to process the directions with my iPhone, however I use iTunes on my PC, iTunes on a Mac has different options, hopefully you have a Mac.) Take a look at the article:

https://s9.postimg.org/5976l0fwf/Whats_App_Image_2018-03-17_at_11.48.08_AM.jpg

#3 RossTeagan

RossTeagan

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 02 April 2018 - 06:22 AM

Do a factory reset (you can find it in the phone's settings) and your phone will get back to its factory level settings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users