Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Repair (All In One) Invasion story

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:24 AM

When I return to the states I will with a cool head write about my experience with "Windows Repair All in One" which managed to upset me on my vacation!  At this point all I have to say is "Caveat Emptor"

Depressed Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,798 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:36 AM

Phil:

If you have had a bad experience with Windows Repair All-in-One, I suggest that you post over at the Tweaking.com Forums.  Tom Boggin (and Shane and crew) are very responsive to issues that are reported.  I visit their website daily.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Graduate of the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Study Hall

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,130 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:41 AM

Point taken, like I posted with a cool head I will upon returning to the states consider what to write, but after about 1-1/2 hours work with a bit of anger will drop the issue for now!

Phil

#4 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 732 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:00 AM

Hi, OldPhil!

It is also strongly recommended to back up your Registry and/or set a System Restore point prior to running repairs, so that if anything goes awry, you can easily restore your computer to a point in time before the repairs.

Regards,

midimusicman79

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free, NVT OSA and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with CanDef, uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

#5 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,130 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:48 AM

That I had done prior to doing the scan which left me uncomfortable so I decided to delete the program.  I used the regular windows delete, dummy me should have used Revo.  The pop ups and being told my home page had been changed which it had not, plus telling me a good program was a virus ticked me off.  At that point I used Revo Advanced and rebooted. Upon opening my browser was met with their $34.95 super offer, now I was steaming.  All seems to have disappeared but face it there must be remnants.  I will do a full rebuild when I get back to the states, for now I do not wish to take the time it will only anger me more it is far to intrusive to my liking!

Phil

Edited by OldPhil, 18 March 2018 - 09:49 AM.

#6 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 732 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 18 March 2018 - 11:58 AM

Hi again, OldPhil!

Sorry to hear that!

Good luck with the rebuild!

Hope you manage to successfully resolve the issue!

Regards,
midimusicman79

Edited by midimusicman79, 18 March 2018 - 11:58 AM.

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free, NVT OSA and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with CanDef, uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

#7 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,130 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:31 PM

Thanks!  It is muddling along don't want to mess with :busy: , it is my only tool for now keeping in contact.  Will be nice to get back to to my big toys, may just drop the issue once home.

Phil

#8 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,587 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 18 March 2018 - 10:40 PM

Hello Phil, 

I sure hope that your vacation return will leave you remembering so many fabulous times with your travels, that the computer mess will take the back seat! Were you fortunate enough to keep valuable pictures taken during the trip? (if you are comfortable to share, where did you go?)

:)  Softeyes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users