Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bluetooth speaker/headphones do not show up as an audio device

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jron

jron

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:57 PM

Hello, going crazy on this one. 

I have an old Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 without bluetooth.

I bought a bluetooth CSR 4.0 Dongle (CSR8510A10) with claims to be windows 7 compatible but not plug and play.

The CD driver that came with it would not install... takes 30 minutes+ and gets error message takes 30 minutes+ to back itself out. Tried several times, including a downloaded version of the driver with same results. Sorry I don't remember error message but something cryptic (at least to me).

I can not remember where I found it but got generic Bluetooth Radio driver to load and got my Bluetooth speaker devices to pair (at least they show up under Bluetooth Devices with their correct MFG names).

Windows could not find the drivers for them. Tried several options for generic drivers including the Download the 'Windows Mobile Device Center'  from

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/647512/how-to-fix-bluetooth-peripheral-device-driver-not-found-error-in-windows-7/?hl=%2Bbluetooth#entry4370743

Right now I have one device set to these drivers ie, Microsoft Corporation/Windows Mobile-Based Device Support and the other to

Microsoft/Bluetooth MTP Device Emulator (at the suggestion from another website).

However, neither device shows up as a play back device in sound devices. I have restarted and reinstalled drivers several times. 

Is there a way in Windows 7 to see what Bluetooth devices are currently connected? I assume they are connected but there does not seem to be a way to confirm this. I don't see any change to the Bluetooth devices window when I turn them on and off. 

Update:

I tried installing the Toshiba drivers. I deleted all the Microsoft drivers first but they still conflicted with Microsoft. Computer was repeatedly going bluesreen. I was able to get it to fully boot by removing the Dongle...instant blue screen when reinserted with buzzing noise. However windows did not crash when it was inserted into a different USB port. Windows automatically found and inserted a driver fir it even though Toshiba drivers were there to. I now have two Bluetooth symbols in my device manager. 

Attached File  Capture.PNG   22.49KB   0 downloads

The update driver process now allows me to select what type of device it is and by choosing Sound Controller I can now get sound devices to show up (most options will not load but by trial and error I found the Toshiba sound driver driver would load (on the MS Bluetooth Enumerator). However not to surprisingly it does not work. The device will not connect. 

Edited by jron, 18 March 2018 - 08:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jron

jron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:03 PM

When I tried installing Qualcomm Bluetooth stack I got an error 1935 during the installation process. Does this mean my registry is corrupted? 

#3 jron

jron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:22 AM

So error 1935 has to do with .net framework. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling net frame work without success and the turn windows feature on and off window does not populate so I assume my registry is corrupted. I restored to the oldest restore point and still have the problem.

So how do I repair my registry? My windows 7 32 bit authorization code is completely worn off the sticker. I don't have the ability to burn CDs. Can I do it from a USB?

I have another computer running windows 10. 

#4 jron

jron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2018 - 07:05 PM

I am wondering why no one is replying, did I do something wrong or does no one have advice for this situation? If the only realistic alternative is clean install, I would appreciate knowing that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users