Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Everything randomly crashing

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 biteroon1

biteroon1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:27 PM

Hi!

I have an issue where periodically a program/my computer will crash.

For example, I could be browing the internet and my firefox will unexpectedly crash or while playing games my PC could spontaneously crash and restart.

I figure that the issue is either with my HDD and SSD or it is an issue with my RAM.

If anyone has any idea as to why programs/my computer are crashing would be great.

- Thanks

My PC Specs with date purchased included:

i5 4690K (2014)

Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 3 (2014)

Kingston HyperX 8GB (2014)

Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD (2014)

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB (2015)

MSI Aero GTX 1070 8GB (2016)

Corsair Bronze+ non-modular power supply (2014)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:17 PM

Have you gotten any updates last few days?

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/673260/kb4088875-isn-a-buggy-patch/

This has caused me the same things, look at installed updates if ot is there delete it!!!!

MS has pulled the patch but many of us have it.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 biteroon1

biteroon1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:48 PM

Have you gotten any updates last few days?

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/673260/kb4088875-isn-a-buggy-patch/

This has caused me the same things, look at installed updates if ot is there delete it!!!!

MS has pulled the patch but many of us have it.

I have not got any recent updates for my computer so I don't think its my OS. I have reinstalled my OS and that did not fix it. My OS Windows 7 btw

#4 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,778 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:14 PM

Are you getting blue screens? If not, describe in detail exactly what you mean by "crash"?  What does the computer do?

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#5 biteroon1

biteroon1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:20 PM

Yes my computer does blue screen. My programs do crash for example I could be playing Counter Strike and the game will crash and force close to my desktop, that happens with all of my programs.

#6 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,925 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:47 PM

One thing that clues me into this fault is that when the CMOS battery that holds the BIOS settings gets weak or dies is that you can begin to experience random and unrelated faults and crashes.  I see the age of the hardware and wonder if this might be the case??

#7 biteroon1

biteroon1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:14 PM

The CMOS battery could be the issue although the HDD and SSD are quite old so they could be the issue.

#8 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:57 PM

Please Download Speccy by Piriform

• Please download Speccy System Information Tool and save it to somewhere convenient such as your desktop.
  • Close any programs that may be running including your browser and double click Speccy.exe to run the tool.
  • Watch out for any offers to install other programs such as google chrome and untick the box(es) if you don't want them.
  • Speccy will very quickly scan your pc and create a report.
  • Top left of screen click file and select Publish Snapshot...
  • Click Yes to proceed.
  • Copy the URL to your clipboard and paste it into your next reply.

#9 biteroon1

biteroon1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:26 PM

Please Download Speccy by Piriform

• Please download Speccy System Information Tool and save it to somewhere convenient such as your desktop.
  • Close any programs that may be running including your browser and double click Speccy.exe to run the tool.
  • Watch out for any offers to install other programs such as google chrome and untick the box(es) if you don't want them.
  • Speccy will very quickly scan your pc and create a report.
  • Top left of screen click file and select Publish Snapshot...
  • Click Yes to proceed.
  • Copy the URL to your clipboard and paste it into your next reply.

Hi, thank you for the link and instruction. I am away from my desktop till Thursday so Ill do the check then.

#10 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,778 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:24 AM

Go here and download WhoCrashed; after install, run the program. At the top left of the screen, click Analyze. After a few seconds, scroll down for the results. At the top of the screen, click File >Export. Attach the file it creates to your next post.

I suggest running a scan test of your memory and hard drive. If you need help with that, post back.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users