Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[PLEASE HELP] Freshly built computer Freezes weird conditions

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Ganshu

Ganshu

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:09 PM

Hi guys, i'm really at the end of my rope right now ... I've struggled the past month to get enough money to build a decent gaming PC (student), i was happy and all, used pcpartpicker.com & some reddit help to check the compatiblity of the build that i was trying to make, but right now it's been problem after another, while i could solve the past ones, recently my computer started randomly freezing under some weird conditions that i've only noticed ( i can't freeze it at will, but it's always the same thing when it does ) :

It only freezes when i'm barely using Dofus 2.0 (an Adobe Air based game, not very demanding at all)

Video :

Note that :

It doesn't freeze when i play triple A games for hours
It doesn't freeze when the computer is idle for 8+ hours
My Pc specs :

Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bits

Ryzen 5 1500x, i'm using the wraith spire that comes with it

8GB Ram DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3200mhz, i've capped it at 2933

Asrock AB350M Pro 4 Mobo

EVGA SSC 2.0 (double fan) GTX 1060 6GB

Seagate Barracuda HDD 1TB

Seasonic S12II non-modular 520W PSU

Thermaltake Versa H22 mid-tower case

PS 1 : Absolutely NOTHING is 100% used when it freezes nor is overheating, and one time it froze with youtube playing, the image freezed but the sound continued playing.

PS 2 : When i say freeze, it freezes indefinitly, until i reset / force shutdown using the buttons on the case.

PS 3 : All of the components of my computer were bought completely new, straight out of their boxes

Things i've tried :

Uninstalling drivers & reinstalling the latest versions
Disabling hardware acceleration
Uninstalling Adobe flash player
Checking that everything is plugged right in the motherboard / PSU
Updated Mobo's Bios
Formating Windows 8.1 and then switching to Windows 10
Updating Windows
Reinstalling The Game ( Dofus 2.0 )

Things i can't do :

Replacing anything (PSU, MOBO, RAM, etc...) i don't have money right now and nothing's cheap / easy to buy where i'm from, so please tell me it's a software issue (not telling you to lie, just hoping for the best ...) It'd be very appreciated if you help me, thank's in advance.

Edited by Ganshu, 17 March 2018 - 08:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:28 PM

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/. Please include the Speccy report.

#3 Ganshu

Ganshu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:46 PM

It's neither a crash nor a BSoD :/ the Computer just hangs there, indefinitly, until i reboot it, There's no dump file / whocrashed doesn't tell me anything either ...

#4 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:01 PM

The reports will still be helpful. Thank you.

#5 Ganshu

Ganshu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:49 PM

Oh ok i'll try then, i'm the one who's thankful ^^ you're taking time out of your day to help me, really appreciate it

Do i need to wait for it to happen again in order to send the requested reports ?

Edited by Ganshu, 17 March 2018 - 05:50 PM.

#6 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:28 AM

No need to wait.

#7 Ganshu

Ganshu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:15 AM

Here's the file you asked for : http://www56.zippyshare.com/v/OE8FO5Yv/file.html

Also, Big Update on my case :

The Hang / Freeze happened even when the computer was idle (w/o the game running). here's a video showing it : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WLPdog-Sio

I've also let the computer run while i was out, using apps that aren't very demanding (that i almost always use) and i've taken a picture of my Hwmonitor, task manager and resources monitor, showing the % usage of everything, and the temperature while it froze / hung, if that could help finding the source of my problem, Picture link : https://i.imgur.com/eHZHdIO.jpg

I've tried :

- Checked the HDD for bad sectors, it's in good shape (crystaldiskinfo)

- Unplugging everything from the motherboard

- Carefully Replacing the thermal paste

- Downgrading Bios

- Uninstalling suspect apps (EVGA Precision for exemple)

- Formating windows (again)

- Uninstalling flash and adobe air (again).

Please if you can help that'd be much apreciated.

#8 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:25 AM

Those aren't the reports requested in the posting instructions. What we need are the Sysnative report and the Speccy Report. these provide a lot of information n what's happening and makes it easier to figure out what the problem might be.

#9 Ganshu

Ganshu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 12:08 PM

The zip i've included is from sysnative, the app hung for more than 10 minutes so i zipped them myself, "  If the app seems to hang with the message "...Waiting for SystemInfo..." for more than 5 minutes -- kill the app; manually zip the output folder; attach to your pos " I've run it again and here are the speccy & sysnative files that i've got, thank's again for taking time out of your day :

Speccy Report : http://speccy.piriform.com/results/w3URVVYgXblWschq3uRbXMi

Sysnative ZIP : the program hung for 10 minutes+ again so i zipped the folder myself

PSU Calculator results Attached if you ever need them : http://www92.zippyshare.com/v/6K47HRDD/file.html

If i'm wrong again about sysnative files please tell me how to do it because i'm following the link you sent me on saturday, thank's.

Attached Files

#10 SmokedGouda

SmokedGouda

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 19 March 2018 - 12:38 PM

good luck. I'm having an almost identical issue. Will post logs later today in new thread.

#11 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 01:27 PM

Need some clarification. You posted in your specs you have Windows 10 Enterprise but the Speccy shows you have Windows 8 Pro. Which one do you have? The zip file with the Sysnative report didn't get attached. That happens a lot for some reason. Lastly I don't trust Zippyshare to download from.

#12 Ganshu

Ganshu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:38 PM

Need some clarification. You posted in your specs you have Windows 10 Enterprise but the Speccy shows you have Windows 8 Pro. Which one do you have? The zip file with the Sysnative report didn't get attached. That happens a lot for some reason. Lastly I don't trust Zippyshare to download from.

I've installed windows 8.1 Pro back because the problem happened in Windows 10 also, and windows 10 issued a problem related to drivers, 8.1 was more stable so i reverted back to it, here's a google drive link for the speccy & sysnative files : 

Speccy Report : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wQgbEOJ9AQbUa6v4ZuL51-mBTDGR47wP

Sysnative Zip : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1V9SXVl557DaRXSmthfpaFrb8OziXByiC

I've also attached the result of my memtest86 and psucalculator

Attached File  PSU-Calculator.jpg   60.56KB   0 downloads

Attached File  memtest86.jpg   70.69KB   0 downloads

#13 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:48 PM

As you are refusing to follow my requests and post things in the proper format I will be excusing myself from any further help.

Edited by HyperHenry, 19 March 2018 - 05:48 PM.

#14 Ganshu

Ganshu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:28 PM

As you are refusing to follow my requests and post things in the proper format I will be excusing myself from any further help.

I'm really sorry but i don't understand where the problem lies :/ my intent is absolutely not to piss you off, i've followed the guide you gave me, please tell me exactly what to do and i will do it

#15 Ganshu

Ganshu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:33 PM

My bad, i was uploading a rar file instead of a zip, really sorry man, didn't mean to anger you, here's what you asked me, thank's for your patience.

Attached Files

Edited by Ganshu, 19 March 2018 - 07:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users