Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Are you Irish?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,587 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:39 PM

happy-saint-patricks-4-clovers-animated-

I hear it said that everybody's Irish on Saint Patrick's Day...let everyone wish for the pot of gold! (Any Irish in the house?)

In honor of St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland, do you have your shamrock socks on, a pint of Guinness beer to hoist (or Miwadi for non drinkers) and a huge pot of Irish stew ready to serve up? Maybe one of our friends in the "Let Us Know What You Cooked Today" forum will post a delicious feast they made! (For me, the Costco tasting booths served up perfect eats  :lmao:  and I hope Sprouts will still have a soda bread loaf)

As a kid, my sisters and I made sure we had green on (the minute we got out of bed for breakfast) so no one would pinch us, we used to put green food colouring in our milk (no worries then) and since we grew up with lots of green grass (in Oregon) endless hunt for a 4 leaf clover was a must. Great times. 

Do you have St. Patrick's Day stories? 

Laughing, I know there are a couple of Scots in the house, this is for you:

forchris.jpg

:lmao:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,418 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:19 PM

Hey softeyes,

Happy ST Patrick's Day.

I'm grumpy because I can be not because I'm old.

The world is what you make of it, if it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

#3 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 673 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:45 PM

Have a great St. Patrick's Day softeyes!

Dancing-leprechaun-animated-01.gif

Edited by r.a.d., 17 March 2018 - 07:51 PM.

Bleepin' desert rat retiree in climes yet to fry brains (knock on cactus).

Past climes/best friend:  photo-91.gif

#4 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,831 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:44 PM

Irish ancestry , emigrated from Ireland in early 1800 to Canada (Ontario) and then into North Dakota.

Only two kinds of people, those who are irish and those who wish they were.

#5 juli77

juli77

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:18 PM

Happy St. Patrick's Day, softeyes, and everyone else. I'm not Irish myself, but my ex-husband is, so my kids have Irish in them (they evenhave Irish first names!). We used to play the green game when they were small. It was all the more fun because my son is colour blind and would choose things that were not green at all (to my daughter's constant giggles).

I'm not drinking at the moment so I didn't have green beer today, but I did have a green smoothie!

#6 kitsune

kitsune

• Members
  • 443 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:37 PM

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

st-patricks-day.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users