Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange issue (cant log-out or set the pc to lock or sleep..) [Xubuntu]

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 -FireBlazer-

-FireBlazer-

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:24 AM

I have installed Xubuntu trough terminal and i can select wich Distro i use with the X gui log-in screen.. but i only can shutdown, restart Xubuntu.. and cant log-off, or set the pc to lock/sleep with Xubuntu, anybody knows how to fix this? and i want to log-off to select an other Distro... (sorry for bad english ..) and when i click on the Pause button my screen goes black and my pc is sleeping and when i press power button my screen flickers on and off and then it does nothing the screen stays on black.. -_-

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:59 AM

You installed using the Terminal, or did you Double Click on the Install Icon on the Desktop, the one that looks like a Disk?

Please check the Integrity of the Xubuntu Installation media with THIS TUTORIAL.  If you got a bad download or Bad Burn Image it may cause problems.

You cannot Log Off and select another Distro, you have to shutdown/restart, and then choose the Distro you want from Grub2 Menu.

i can select wich Distro i use with the X gui log-in screen

You mean Grub2, does it look like the picture below, or similar?

125657-1.png

You have more than one Distro Installed?

Please provide your computer model number.

Or, while in linux, run these commands in the Terminal.  The first command installs "inxi" a tool we use to see our Computer Specs.  Let it install, then run the second command.

sudo apt-get install inxi

Then

inxi -Fxz

1. Then Click “Edit” in upper Left of Terminal > Click “Select All” > Click “Edit” > Click “Copy” > Then in your Post, Click the "Code" Box at Top Middle of your Post, which looks like this “< >” and “Ctrl+V” Pasting into the Code Box, Or, just into the Body your next Post will be fine also.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users