Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intermittent UDP drops in Windows 10 OS

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 njjal

njjal

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:51 PM

Hi,

I have a receiver-side NDIS ETL capture.  It shows packets in order and all present.  I also have an application receiving data off of the socket.  The application misses some data, and the data is occasionally in the wrong order.

The application is receiving multicast UDP via a LAN. The loss is apx. 0.01% of data received.  While UDP delivery and ordering aren't guaranteed by the protocol and the throughput isn't terrible, I want to understand why the OS would drop the data.

It doesn't need to be lossless, but I want to first identify where the packets are being lost (e.g. in some finite kernel buffer), then find the threshold (e.g. after 64MB of queued data).

Any tips or ideas on steps to take would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users