Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

3 beeps and no video on wake from sleep

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 clocks

clocks

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:25 PM

Hi - Brand new PC - Win 10 Home, Ryzen 2200g / gigabyte a320ma-m.2 motherboard, booting from nmve m.2 ssd.  Fresh install of AMD Radeon Drivers.  Boots fine, but if put to sleep, when I try to wake it I get three bios beeps and no video signal.  The fan do turn on, but not sure much else is happening.  If I hit the reset button, the PC reboots into windows fine.  Any advice greatly appreciated.....thanks

Edit:  FWIW I have tested the ram, and tried various bios settings in relation to sleep and video output, etc..  Also tried disabling/enabling hybrid sleep in windows 10.

Edited by clocks, 16 March 2018 - 04:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 clocks

clocks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2018 - 10:38 PM

I think it is something with the ram.  I tried pulling a stick and sleep would work, but when I put them both back in, the problem reoccurs.  I tried swapping sticks in slots, but no go.  I don't know if rather than using slots 1/3, I should try 2/4?  The ram is G.SKILL Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000).

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,086 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:35 AM

Sleep/hibernation problems...historically are often related to graphics drivers, not RAM.

Board has onboard graphics...I would use the graphics drivers from the Drivers DVD, rather than any other.  They are on the disk because they are known to work properly.

Louis

#4 clocks

clocks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:35 PM

I loaded bios defaults, and then re configured the memory settings and everything seems to work now.  thanks

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,086 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:57 AM

:thumbup2:, happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users