Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing the screen off of Asus k501j laptop

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sinine

sinine

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:50 PM

I have an old laptop - Asus k501j. The screen of it broke so I couldn't use it.

Now I wanted to give it to my brother. We hooked it with a monitor and TV and it showed everything that was going on on the computer.

I got some files off of it over the course of a few days and everything was working fine.

When I got my stuff off of it I wanted to do the system recovery thing. I couldn't do it without a restart (had to press F9 in Boot).

When it booted up again, the monitors stopped working. It said no signal.

We watched this video: I dunno how much of it my brother followed but he got the screen off of the laptop. His idea was that when we get the laptop screen off it has to choose the external screen.

But it didn't work.

Now he wanted to remove some sort of a wire in the screen area but I wanted to ask for help before he did it. He's not that knowledgable about computers either.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users