Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AMD GTX 1050 ti flickering/artifacts(?) while using internet browser or 3D games

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Capricornicus

Capricornicus

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:04 PM

Hi! I built a new computer last week with suggested parts from Reddit and while most things seem to be running very smoothly, the issue mentioned in the title has been plaguing me since since the beginning. It happens when I use Google Chrome and certain games, with severity seemingly based on how many resources are used? I've tried uninstalling then reinstalling the latest graphics drivers, using different HDMI cables, lowering the monitor's refresh rate (from 60hz to 59 then 50), and lowering resolution of both OS (Windows 10) and in games... to no avail. 

Here's an example video w/ Just Cause 2 on high settings, full screen, native resolution (1920 x 1080)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=ZmncjO7...

Black bars in Google Chrome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=YSYVuAMVeQs

My specs are:
Motherboard: MSI B350M PRO-VH PLUS 
CPU: AMD Ryzen-5 6-Core Processor 3.20Ghz
GPU: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
RAM: T-Force Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4
Power: SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W
Monitor: ASUS VS228H-P 21.5'' Full HD LED

If there is any more information, examples, or clarifications that you need I will impart it ASAP! Thank you in advance!

P.S. I'm not very tech-savvy so apologies if I got anything wrong here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zack61w

zack61w

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:06 PM

Hi,

Might sound lame but try doing this: 

Right click .exe file/properties then go into compatibility tab. Run "Compatibility Trouble Shooter" then "Test Program". If the program works, exit game and click "save settings." You might have to tick "Run this program in compatibility mode for: windows 8/7/vista etc..." in the compatibility tab if problem reoccurs after re-launching the game.

Edited by hamluis, 17 March 2018 - 04:10 PM.

#3 Capricornicus

Capricornicus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:17 PM

Thanks for the reply! I tried out your suggestion on Chrome thinking that I may have unwittingly installed it for the wrong OS, but it didn't fix anything. I doubt it'll help anything else, but I can try.

Edited by hamluis, 17 March 2018 - 04:11 PM.

#4 zack61w

zack61w

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:00 PM

How does the game perform in the lowest setting and also in lowest resolution? 

Edited by hamluis, 17 March 2018 - 04:12 PM.

#5 Capricornicus

Capricornicus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:41 PM

... The screen turns dark and it crashes.

Edited by hamluis, 17 March 2018 - 04:12 PM.

#6 zack61w

zack61w

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 01:44 PM

Tried disabling smooth scrolling in chrome and vsync option in amd graphics setting??  

#7 Capricornicus

Capricornicus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:58 PM

Tried disabling smooth scrolling in chrome and vsync option in amd graphics setting??  

Nope, didn't work. Something I should add is that doing that in the Shadow Warrior remake (XP mode) with the in-game settings fixed the issue, though it was relatively minor and only affected one or two objects. Outside of XP mode it's pretty bad and disabling vsync in any capacity does nothing.

Edited by Capricornicus, 18 March 2018 - 09:22 PM.

#8 zack61w

zack61w

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:34 AM

Nope, didn't work. Something I should add is that doing that in the Shadow Warrior remake (XP mode) with the in-game settings fixed the issue, though it was relatively minor and only affected one or two objects. Outside of XP mode it's pretty bad and disabling vsync in any capacity does nothing.

It has to be the driver then, tried uninstalling the driver in safe mode and then installing the latest driver or at least the old driver specified for your rig? 

#9 Capricornicus

Capricornicus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:33 PM

It has to be the driver then, tried uninstalling the driver in safe mode and then installing the latest driver or at least the old driver specified for your rig? 

I did it with the latest driver, but not with any older ones. I'm gonna try the latter.

#10 Joe C

Joe C

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:51 PM

*_*

Edited by Joe C, 19 March 2018 - 07:54 PM.

#11 Capricornicus

Capricornicus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:12 PM

*_*

???

#12 Joe C

Joe C

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:23 PM

This !@#$&*!! forum has no option to delete my posts that I did not want

#13 Capricornicus

Capricornicus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:34 PM

I did it with the latest driver, but not with any older ones. I'm gonna try the latter.

Tried a clean install of the 2nd newest (390.77) and oldest (387.92, currently being used now), and both didn't change a thing. I either lost the install disc or it wasn't actually packaged so idk which one was current at time of packaging.

Edited by Capricornicus, 19 March 2018 - 11:48 PM.

#14 Joe C

Joe C

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 06:07 AM

Boot into safe mode and run DDU, then try a new driver install from Nvidia

Display Driver Uninstaller:

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Nvidia driver (391.01)

https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/131443

#15 Capricornicus

Capricornicus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 07:23 PM

Boot into safe mode and run DDU, then try a new driver install from Nvidia

Display Driver Uninstaller:
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Nvidia driver (391.01)
https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/131443

That is exactly how I did it every single time. Made sure to follow a guide so nothing got messed up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users