Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gaming MEMORY_MANAGEMENT / ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LainIwakura

LainIwakura

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:28 PM

My PC experiences BSODs when playing some games. I remember getting BSODs on Watch Dogs 2 but the BSODs mainly occur on GTA V. I don't recall these issues occurring on other games I play like PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds but it mainly happens on GTA V.

Issues:

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY

Occurs:

20 minutes or so after the game has loaded.

Specs:

i7 6700k Overclocked to 4.5ghz (It was doing BSODs at stock 4.0 as well)

64GB DDR4 2133 RAM (Low End DDR4 Ram)

Gigabyte Z170MX-Gaming-5 Motherboard

Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Extreme

2x AOC 4k Monitors

SanDisk SDSSDA120G (Boot SSD)

Segate 6TB 7200RPM

In Game Settings (GTA V)

Everything 4k Max

Tried:

sfc /scannow

Windows Memory Diagnostic 2 Pass (No Issues Found)

chkdisk

Attached is the 2 BSOD dump files in a zip file

Attached Files

• Attached File  dump.zip   344.22KB   2 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cwsink

cwsink

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 16 March 2018 - 01:00 AM

You're currently running a very old BIOS for your motherboard and I'd recommend updating to the latest from here.

Also, your motherboard has a Killer Networking adapter and if you're using it I'd recommend:

• Downloading the latest driver only version from here.
  • Uninstalling any Killer Networking software from your computer and then rebooting.
  • If Windows doesn't automatically install a driver for your network adapter use the installer you downloaded to install one.

The Killer Networking software seems to cause problems many people but the drivers seem to work fine.

Please test the system and let us know whether or not the problems continue.

#3 LainIwakura

LainIwakura
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:49 PM

You're currently running a very old BIOS for your motherboard and I'd recommend updating to the latest from here.

Also, your motherboard has a Killer Networking adapter and if you're using it I'd recommend:

• Downloading the latest driver only version from here.
  • Uninstalling any Killer Networking software from your computer and then rebooting.
  • If Windows doesn't automatically install a driver for your network adapter use the installer you downloaded to install one.
The Killer Networking software seems to cause problems many people but the drivers seem to work fine.

Please test the system and let us know whether or not the problems continue.

I recently updated the BIOS and I installed an updated Killer driver as provided. I noticed my BIOS settings reset to default and I attempted to re-overclock my computer to what it was before (4.5ghz stable + 1.3v) I even added more fans. The max I could go without problems as far as overclocking (Other than those BSODs while gaming was 4.5ghz) (4.6ghz was possible but when I ran Prime95 it would blue screen me in about 10 seconds so 4.5 was stable for me) This time I went to 5.4 and 1.3 volts like before but I aslo tested XMP on and off. Both on and off seemed to make my pc more unstable in game. GTA V kept crashing me and I had a CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD which was new and I got an IRQL error on PUBG which I never had playing PlayerUnknowns. Please look at these crash dumps. https://mega.nz/#!I3wmGY5L!6s6eU9uI7WrXQb1gm36kxoT5Nqu7eey1vwTAMyK0w0U

#4 cwsink

cwsink

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 12:33 AM

I'm not an overclocker so if that's the cause of your system's instability you'd be better off getting recommendations from someone with overclocking experience. Your post suggested you were having problems even when the system wasn't overclocked. Is that correct and still the case?

#5 LainIwakura

LainIwakura
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:04 PM

I'm not an overclocker so if that's the cause of your system's instability you'd be better off getting recommendations from someone with overclocking experience. Your post suggested you were having problems even when the system wasn't overclocked. Is that correct and still the case?

I've been getting GTA V bluescreens before overclock. After overclock I got the same blue screens. These are memory bluescreens and not CPU bluescreens. After updating my bios and doing the exact same overclocks I find that I get more bluescreens then before.

#6 cwsink

cwsink

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:00 PM

That would suggest to me a bad DIMM. I'd recommend using the system with only 2 DIMMs installed on the same channel. If you still have problems remove those 2 DIMMs and use the other 2 DIMMs installed on the same channel. Basically, trying to isolate any bad DIMMs. I'd do so without anything overclocked to see if the system can be stable at stock speeds. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a reliable software utility method for testing DDR4 currently. There are many instances where memtest86 and WMD report zero errors when testing DDR4 only to find out later a DIMM is actually bad.

Edited by cwsink, 19 March 2018 - 07:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users