Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No hard drive detected

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Flyingsushi

Flyingsushi

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:17 PM

If I am not posting in the correct forum, just please let me know where to go.  I have had various problems with this relatively new computer.  Once in a while when I leave the computer on and I come back my screen is just black.  I can't seem to reboot it so I have to unplug it and go that route.  Sometimes I have to do it a few times to reboot properly.  A few months ago during one of these reboots the computer failed to load windows.  A factory reset fixed that problem but from time to time this black screen still persists and I have to reboot.  Ok, so this evening I notice this Dell SupportAssist was on my screen so I took a pic of it and attached the file and followed the instructions scanning that code.  The Dell diagnostics I ran didn't find any problems.  The computer rebooted and seemed fine.  The history of this computer not seeing windows and this black screen stuff then this error message telling me my hard drive didn't load I think something is wrong but I don't think the Dell Diagnostics I ran on the computer is the right scan or has the potential to see what the problem is.  I am not computer savvy and don't believe this is normal especially from a new computer.  I attached the pic I took that should show you what you need.  If you think there is a issue with the computer please let me know.  I am using Windows 10.  Not sure what other info you might want.  Thanks for your help.

Attached Files

Edited by Flyingsushi, 15 March 2018 - 10:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,953 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:30 PM

Since your machine is "relatively new," I would suggest you return it. It is quite impractical to troubleshoot hardware problems on new computers.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users