Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 10 update problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 flavius

flavius

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:54 PM

when ever windows has a major up date, creators as an example, I have to take the side off my pc and unplug my second HDD, doing this is the only way of installing the up date,my mobo is an asrock z77 extreme 4, the pcu  intel i5 3570k with a gtx1060 6gig card and pu 750 watt,

is this a boot problem or a windows problem, doing this procedure lets me download and install the up date but it is a pain in the a***e, any help would be gratefully received

optomist: balding men have less hair to comb!
pessamist: yes but they have more face to wash

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Goddess_Bastet

Goddess_Bastet

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:43 AM

Im in the same boat, it seems since I permantly added/connected my Macrium image backup drive Cumulative updates make my laptop either much slower or it corrupts something, if I safely remove & disconnect all is OK. I also disable my anti virus & MBAM but previous to adding the drive I could leave these active.
I wondered if it was due to the drive having images on it but the drive has Image Guardian protecting it so nothing other than Macrium can write to the images.

#3 flavius

flavius
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 16 March 2018 - 07:25 AM

goddess I run bullguard security suite and it shows no problems with the windows up date either major or tuesday editions, no my concern is the second hard drive, lets hope that between us we can find an answer through the BC tech guys,  thanks for your input, interesting

optomist: balding men have less hair to comb!
pessamist: yes but they have more face to wash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users