Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I believe my motherboard is dead and just want to be sure

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Likeaboski

Likeaboski

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:43 AM

I recently bought everything needed to build my first PC (could have picked a better time with GPU) and after getting all the parts I followed youtube videos of how to install everything but when I installed my Graphics card and tried to boot the computer it wouldnt boot (blank screen keyboard wouldnt turn on) and the Speaker did one long beep then 2 short beeps Ive looked it up and most people say its a video error and ive tried plugging gpu in different pci slot and using a different graphics card and it still beeps at me so I think its dead and am about to get it replaced by amazon but wanted to be sure it was the right part thats causing this any help would be great im pretty new to pc building so apologies if I didnt make a whole lot of sense 

Motherboard is a Asus z370-A

GPU: Aero 1080

CPU: i5 8400

Ram I used from my last PC both are ddr4 so I dont think its that

and I have a 600 PSU so I dont think its some power issue unless Im missing something being plugged in (graphics card was inserted and plugged in with power cord)

Just in case any of that matters

Edited by hamluis, 15 March 2018 - 08:06 AM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to System Building - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joe C

Joe C

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:13 AM

Remove the graphics card and try using the onboard video to see if the board will boot up. Your processor has an Intel UHD 630 graphics built into it, and your motherboard does have DVI, HDMI and a Display Port.

#3 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,393 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:37 AM

do you have adequte power going from your PSU to the GPU card?

Edited by mikey11, 15 March 2018 - 07:38 AM.

#4 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 755 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:10 AM

did you plug the 8 pin power connector in to the power connector from the power supply, the card requires extra power to run and if you don't plug it in it won't work.

#5 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 2,885 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:04 PM

Go over these steps:

First ensure the Memory is properly installed and well seated into the slots.

Second make sure the GPU is properly inserted

Thirdly make sure all your wires are connected properly, especially those front IO panel cables (those are a big pain but bets to make sure they are put on properly and in the correct polarity, check for markings for negative and positive)

Fourth ensure the power switch to the PSU is switched to the on position.

Double check the CPU fan to see if that was fitted properly too, and make sure to connect the little wire for your CPU cooler (stock or otherwise)

Edited by MadmanRB, 15 March 2018 - 12:05 PM.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#6 zbuster225

zbuster225

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:16 PM

I saw the title of this thread and my first thought was "a shotgun is one way to be sure."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users