Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

World Of Warcraft - - - Graphic Card Problem?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tavern

Tavern

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 03 October 2006 - 05:17 PM

I think my graphic card is outdated for WoW.... I lag whenever i fly... i lag alot when i use the zeplin.. i lag so much that i dont come out the lag until it is too late to step off the zep so i end up going back... then lag again... my char is stuck on the damn zeplin.... I also lag in ORG... verymuch... and i also lag when there are alot of other players around me...

I need CONFIRMATION.

I use the NIVIDA TI 4200 graphics card.. on a Pentium IV dell comp...

is the TI 4200 too damn old?
ALSO.. i only have 256 MB of RAM... the min req is 512 MB ram.. recommened is 1024 MB of ram...
SHOULD I GET MORE RAM?

Edited by Tavern, 03 October 2006 - 08:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 04 October 2006 - 06:16 AM

Definitely get more RAM. As long as you keep all the graphics settings turned down the graphics card shouldn't be a problem, but I would say that 1 GB or RAM is minimum for WoW. Lag while there are many people around and while flying is typical of too little RAM and slow hard-drives.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:14 AM

Even with more memory and a better graphic card, expect to experience lag in large cities (IF, for example), some instances, and whilst flying.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Tavern

Tavern
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 04 October 2006 - 03:18 PM

I never lag in instances... but yeah i figured it was my memory...

thx for the help

im getting two 512 mb of ram cards pc3200
my comp should fair better with 1024 mb of ram rather than 256

#5 mooniniteman

mooniniteman

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 08 October 2006 - 10:47 AM

Even with more memory and a better graphic card, expect to experience lag in large cities (IF, for example), some instances, and whilst flying.
Cheers,
John

Yea you will still lag in IF (Ironforge for you non WOWers) which is why some gamers have dubbed it "Lagforge"

Edited by mooniniteman, 08 October 2006 - 10:48 AM.

#6 JohnDMillard

JohnDMillard

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 19 October 2006 - 11:44 PM

I ran that same card at max graphics with a gig of ram and had no lag to speak of though it did have this weird problem of not displaying my char on login till I opened the charecter panel this was fixed by getting a new better vid card though.
John the Duck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users