Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird colors while playing videos on the native video app in full screen

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 YuvalRoth

YuvalRoth

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 14 March 2018 - 08:59 AM

Hello, i recently got a new laptop, it came with windows 10 and i always had an issue with it displaying weird colors in full screen on the native video app called "Movies & TV"...

i recently started using the Netflix app, which happens to be same thing on it. It doesn't happen on the browser, nor does it happen on 3rd party programs i downloaded on the internet, such as bs player.

I did make sure to update both my Nvidia graphics driver and intel's UHD graphics driver, neither helped.

Do understand when i use those apps not in fullscreen, but only maximized, it doesn't happen.

It also returns to normal for a few seconds after i move my mouse and the onscreen buttons (time bar, and all the other application options) appear, which fade away after not moving the mouse and then it returns to being weird.

It really bugs me because it is really impossible to watch movies like that, and the netflix app only allows you to watch the videos you download on the actual app. if anyone know what is the problem, i'd love some help, thanks in advance!

System info:

Intel i5 8250U

Nvidia GTX 940mx

OS version - 10.0.16299 build 16299

All updates installed as of date 14/3/2018

Edited by YuvalRoth, 14 March 2018 - 09:03 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:24 PM

Boot into Safe Mode to see if this occurs there.

Click/tap on the Search icon in the Taskbar, type in msconfig, System Configuration will appear above, right click on this and select Run as administrator.

When System Configuration opens click/tap on the Boot.

Click/tap on Safe boot and Network, click/tap on Apply, then OK.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

LUDoziL.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

speccy2.png

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy3.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.[/b][/b]

Edited by dc3, 14 March 2018 - 12:27 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 YuvalRoth

YuvalRoth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:18 AM

Hello, i tried running it in safe mode, but the "movies & TV" app can't run in safe mode... nor can netflix, so i couldn't try it. 

A general thing i understood - it has to do with the intel UHD graphics driver, because when i turned off the adapter it didn't happen on any videos, but it also turned off my nvidia card with it... i understand from research that i cannot change my adapter to be nvidia, as nvidia is connected to the motherboard through the intel one...

Also, windows media player is also working fine.

speccy: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/7gB5Rgyu45kSAV1rVrteo83

Edited by YuvalRoth, 15 March 2018 - 09:57 AM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:38 AM

Please do not quote my posts, this is not needed.

We need to know what the model of this HP notebook.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 YuvalRoth

YuvalRoth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:56 AM

HP pavilion 14-bf1xx

#6 YuvalRoth

YuvalRoth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:21 PM

bump?

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:11 AM

If this computer is under warranty you should take it back and either get your money back or another computer to replace the original.

#8 YuvalRoth

YuvalRoth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:13 AM

Based on what are you saying this?

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:32 AM

You have explained that this computer was purchased recently and has had this problem since the beginning.  It is not your responsibility to make or have repairs made on this computer yourself, this should be the job of the manufacturer.  This is why a warranty is provided.  You paid for a new computer, you also paid for this warranty, use the warranty to either make the seller repair the computer, exchange your computer for another new one, or get your money back.  There is the possibility that in the process of attempting to repair this computer you could void your warranty, or at least in the eyes of the manufacturer.  If you don't believe this or don't understand the laws regarding warranties you may benefit by reading the article the link below takes you to.

What Will Void a Warranty? - FindLaw

#10 YuvalRoth

YuvalRoth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:35 AM

I understand the consequences of trying to fix the computer on my own, therefore i contacted you guys to see if this could be a software problem.

If you say this isn't a software problem, rather a hardware problem i will contact HP immediately... i am not an electrician and was never planning on opening up the laptop. 

Thank you very much for your time, kind sir. :)

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:48 AM

At this point I can not say for a fact that this is a software or hardware problem.  If you could boot into Safe Mode and found that the problem doesn't occur there I would be inclined to say that this is a software problem.  Safe Mode uses a different graphics driver, it uses a native Windows 10 driver. 

I honestly believe that as a consumer this is your best option.  I wish you the best in resolving this to your own satisfaction.

#12 YuvalRoth

YuvalRoth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:19 AM

it uses a native Windows 10 driver. 

When i turn off the intel adapter it starts using the windows 10 native driver.

And when i do, the problem disappears.

so i know for a fact it's a problem with the intel.

Thank you very much for helping me resolve my issue. i already contacted HP about this and waiting for their response. 

Edited by YuvalRoth, 18 March 2018 - 09:19 AM.

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:25 AM

:thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users