Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nvidias GPP program is upon us! (minor rant)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 2,799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:26 AM

Nvidia

Oh nvidia

You have become the de facto GPU company in recent years, with AMD lacking behind you got the market almost to yourself.

But no of course you have to takle a lesson from the Microsoft and Intel handbook and come up with a program that basically shuts out AMD from the market

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2018/03/08/geforce_partner_program_impacts_consumer_choice

So what do i have to say about this?

Well screw you Nvidia for one

Secondly as soon as i can get the money i am going to sell my GTX 1060 off and get a AMD card, maybe not this year but sure as heck when Navi comes out i will see what they have in store.

Thirdly I hope AMD sues the living crap out of you nvidia and wins

If it wasnt for AMD drivers being flaky at the time i got my nvidia card I would have went for them, it was only drivers for linux is why I went with nvidia in the first bloody place.

Heck if it was available i would go get a RX580 or something but miners have put a stop to that idea.

Now i am rooting for navi, sure vega was a bit of a letdown but it may still be good for those who want a gaming laptop for cheap.

I just hope navi is where AMD will make a buig comeback radeon will mean something again and nvidia put in their place.

In the yard, with the big rabid bloodthirsty dog

Edited by MadmanRB, 14 March 2018 - 02:28 AM.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:29 AM

Another reason to boycott Microsoft Intel / Nvidia.

Another reason why I stay away from all of the newfangled latest and greatest apparently now very biased hardware / computers.

I'll say it again old computers and hardware are superior and always will be imo.

Although I use both, I've always preferred ATI graphics cards over Nvidia graphics cards.

Typical of today's new generation running manufacturing.

I'm grumpy because I can be not because I'm old.

The world is what you make of it, if it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users