Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slowdown after March patch Tuesday updates?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bcmo

bcmo

• Members
  • 238 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:17 PM

Since updating to v1709 in December I haven't received a "Cumulative update for Windows 10" until today (though I have received other updates). Right after the patch Tuesday updates were installed today (even before restarting the computer) I noticed a slight slowdown in the performance such as the speed in which programs open.

Being that problematic January updates/patches that slowed down many computers (which Microsoft rolled back in subsequent updates) never installed on my computer, am I still supposed to see a slight slowdown on my system due to the March cumulative updates?

Does restoring my system and trying to install them again have a chance of not causing this?

Thank you.

Attached Files

Edited by bcmo, 13 March 2018 - 06:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bcmo

bcmo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 238 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:50 AM

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you.

#3 dmccoy

dmccoy

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,059 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:24 PM

It couldnt hurt anything. Have you tried restoring to the earlier version to confirm that the new update is the issue? We can also look at some other things that could be the cause.

Perform a clean boot as follows and test:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/what-is-clean-boot-state-in-windows

We are all volunteers so please by kind, courteous and respectful of all staff and members

I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder. 

BC BSOD Posting Instructions 

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:05 PM

Try to manually download the update and install it.  You can do this at the Microsoft 10 update history website.  You will want to download the ISO file, it downloads much faster.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 bcmo

bcmo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 238 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:50 AM

Thank you.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:11 AM

:thumbup2:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users