Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is my PSU crashing my graphics card?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rocket_Finn

Rocket_Finn

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:42 PM

I just recently built a new gaming PC except I used my old gpu (RX 480 4gb) and my old psu (Corsair cx500) from my last computer. I only have one game installed as of now, and that is Overwatch I really enjoy the game, but I don't really enjoy the game when my my graphics card crashes every 10 minutes and I have to completely restart my computer.

Could my PSU not be supplying enough power so my graphics card crashes?

Or is something else causing this problem? Keep in mind, every part of this computer is brand new except the graphics card and power supply.

Here are my specs: (dont know why ram isn't showing, but its G.skill Ripjaws 4 series 2 x 8gb)

PSU: Corsair CX500

https://prnt.sc/iqtc04

Edited by Rocket_Finn, 13 March 2018 - 04:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 16 March 2018 - 11:00 AM

500w power supply might be pushing it for a gaming machine.  and depending how old the power supply is may factor in.  you didn't include the page with voltage readings so it's hard to tell if it's your power supply causing your issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users