Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

my Asus laptop is locked and password no recognizd after

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 44guy

44guy

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:47 PM

After ordering software from AVG antivirus. I rebooted my ASUS LAPTOP ( ABOUT 4 years old) but was pissed to find that my computer was now locked and that my password was no longer honored.

I thus requirre a Password Recovery and new password. I bought a program and downloaded it to a CD, however, I can't boot into the computer bios to change the boot  choices and make the cd first to boot from.'

I tried pressing F1, during booting; F3, F2, F6, F8, F11 and F12 and Delete buttons in an effort to get into the BIOS sreen.  Computer will not go into bios.  I suspect the computer is "locked" but I don't know how to "unlock" it.

My questions: Can anyone familiar with ASUS laptops tell me:

1. How do I unlock my Asus Laptop?Presumablly, it won't go into BIOS, using any of the above

F combos because it is locked.

2. If I am given the method to "unlock" my Asus Laptop, which of the above "F-  key combos will get me into BIOS?

I would apprecciage knowledgable help with this. Thank you.   44guy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:59 PM

did you try hitting <tab> or <esc>  to get into bios on a laptop?

post the model number of your laptop please it will help us come up with a faster answer

Edited by mightywiz, 13 March 2018 - 05:03 PM.

#3 44guy

44guy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:08 AM

MIGHTY WHIZ - Thanks  for replying. Yes I tried ESC, but I did not try tab. I can try that later.

IL spent a lot of time on ressach of this question last night and came up with several articals of interesst which I will try.

One interesting though was that you should press F2  FIRST, BEFORE PRESSING POWER BUTTON . i'LL TRY THIS TOO!

I will let you  know about any progress on this, later.  Thanks for you help. Any other ideas?

I have to look for model #...not apparent on outside of laptop. Must jhave a record on my computer, just have to look for it.

Bob Zysk

#4 44guy

44guy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:40 PM

MIGHTY WHIZ - Thanks  for replying. Yes I tried ESC, but I did not try tab. I can try that later.

IL spent a lot of time on ressach of this question last night and came up with several articals of interesst which I will try.

One interesting though was that you should press F2  FIRST, BEFORE PRESSING POWER BUTTON . i'LL TRY THIS TOO!

I will let you  know about any progress on this, later.  Thanks for you help. Any other ideas?

I have to look for model #...not apparent on outside of laptop. Must jhave a record on my computer, just have to look for it.

Bob Zysk

Mighty Whiz:

My Asus laptop model is AMD A8-4500M , 1.90 GHZ, 4GB Ram, Windows 64 Bit O.S. x64 based processor

No pen nor touch screen.

Does this help you  to answer the inquiry? I appreciate your attention to this matter.

44 Guy

#5 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,085 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:38 AM

I have the same Model { working on } AMD A8 4500M - SeriesK55D.

To get to Bios - Restart or Boot and Hold Fn Key Down and then Tap  F2 at same time before it loads to logo.

Edited by Havachat, 16 March 2018 - 04:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users