Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ccleaner v5.41.6446

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wdrbbq

wdrbbq

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:28 AM

When I open Ccleaner it says a newer version is available, v 5.41.6446. However, when I go to the Piriform link, it also references that version for premium, but when I try to download the free version I get v 5.40.6411, which is what I already have. Also, Filehippo lists the latest version as the one I have, v 5.40.6411. Does v 5.41.6446 really exist for the free version or is it only for the premium version? If it does exist for the free version, where can I obtain the download and has anyone else had this problem? Thanks in advance. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:41 AM

I've just downloaded it and v 5.41.6446 was installed.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 wdrbbq

wdrbbq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:50 AM

When I received your response I re-opened Ccleaner, followed the link, and this time it downloaded v 5.41.6446. I went through exactly the same steps 3 times before and I got the download for v 5.40.6411 all three times. I can't imagine what I did wrong the first 3 times. Sorry for the false alarm and thanks for your response. 

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:55 AM

The new version was released today. So, likely the CCleaner server you hooked to wasn't updated to the newer version when you

first tried.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 wdrbbq

wdrbbq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:10 AM

That makes sense. I've downloaded many versions of Ccleaner and I was sure I was navigating around the premium version in order to get to the new free version just as I had always done. Prior to finally being successful, clicking the green button for the new free version at the bottom of the page resulted in a download of the version I already had each time. 

Just ran v 41.6446 for the first time and noticed there's a new results screen with the upgrade to premium button right there, in your face.

If I did decide to upgrade to premium, would any of the added features interfere with the function of either Malwarebytes Premium or Microsoft Essentials?

Moreover, would there be any real advantage to buying the premium version in light of the fact that I already routinely run the free version every morning anyway?

Once again, thanks. 

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:32 AM

I see no advantage to upgrading for you...unless your billfold is overstuffed...:)

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#7 wdrbbq

wdrbbq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:45 AM

Lol. Thanks. That's what I thought. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users