Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Homepage/Browser Issues

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 CraigS26

CraigS26

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:21 AM

Mod Edit:  Split from https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/645957/at-t-homepage-snafu/ - Hamluis.

EDIT:   In FF 58 I had turned uBlock Origin OFF for att.net; I turned it back On & -- start.att.net -- loaded twice, stuck the next few attempts, and now is loading each time.

No idea what / why but I'm sure a Definite Answer isn't possible.

Within the last few days I've had the SAME issue this Thread details in May '17 -- start.att.net -- WILL NOT LOAD

AT&T Sppt 800-288-2020 Unaware. No suggestions offered. Will call again.

IE 11 Compatibility Trick failed.

Firefox 58 just spins (cache cleared); I see waiting for static.jade.synacor.com... at bottom left.

No other Connect Issues with FF or rarely used IE 11.

Has anyone read anything on this issue in 2018?

Many Thanks!

Edited by hamluis, 13 March 2018 - 06:42 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,832 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:28 AM

Temporarily change your DNS servers to OpenDNS. Remember to flush your DNS cache and browser cache which is linked to on the page.

Windows 7

Windows 8

Windows 10

#3 CraigS26

CraigS26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:08 PM

Temporarily change your DNS servers to OpenDNS. Remember to flush your DNS cache and browser cache which is linked to on the page.

Windows 7

Windows 8

Windows 10

Thanks, John. So Sorry about  Win 7-64 Hm-Prem not indicated.

Followed Win 7 Instructions + DNS Flush for FF 58 & IE 11.

FF 58 Hm Page now Perfect -- BUT -- IE 11 looks as follows in Imgur Link (I hope) / If link fails it's like HTML not working / Only characters on far left border - No pics.

EDIT: 2-22-18  I reversed the OpenDNS Setup, Deleted IE 11 History again, and now everything is back to Normal. IF you have an opinion on Why the IE 11 setup failed, I'd appreciate the input.

EDIT 2:  Standard DNS Setting: Firefox 58 back to No Load - & - IE 11 Loads Every time.

Neither DNS approach consistently works yet.

See OpenDNS jpg below for IE 11-- Thanks for the Reply!!

https://i.imgur.com/nRrUN8u.jpg

Edited by CraigS26, 22 February 2018 - 12:41 PM.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,832 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2018 - 04:34 PM

No idea on IE11. Never use it.  On Edit 2: For Firefox what happens when you load Safe Mode? Also see if disabling hardware acceleration helps.

#5 CraigS26

CraigS26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 07:21 AM

No idea on IE11. Never use it.  On Edit 2: For Firefox what happens when you load Safe Mode? Also see if disabling hardware acceleration helps.

Thanks for the follow-up. Neither of the 2 suggestions help.

IE 11 still loads.

I'll post on the FF Forum & see if there is anything about the new Quantum architecture that may affect only this site loading.

An AT&T Sppt Supv called me back to follow-up and said the AT&T  "separation from Yahoo" HAD caused them some problems. He suggested Chrome Browser so they're presumably lost, too, on what may be happening.

Really appreciate your suggestions!

P.S. A good reason to give up: I tried a new FF Test Profile that loaded twice from typing the address,

Entered the address in Settings/Home Page Block, Clk'd on Home Icon, it failed and won't load since in the Test Profile.

HOW Weird can this get?

Thanks again!! ...........IE 11 just stopped Loading. I Give Up and will see if something at AT&T fixes both over the next few weeks.

Edited by CraigS26, 23 February 2018 - 08:49 AM.

#6 CraigS26

CraigS26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2018 - 08:08 AM

As hoped for, the AT&T Home Pg Icon loads the page when clk'd today & I hope it's a consistent success vs random.

#7 CraigS26

CraigS26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 10:04 AM

Was Loading AT&T Hm Pg, THEN Stopped.

Malwarebytes Sppt has DUPLICATED the issue with their Current Component Pkg 1.0.374; the Pkg Prior WOULD load the Hm Pg.

Hard to say IF Mbam was responsible for No-Loads in prior Prior Component Pkg's BUT it loads every time now ( Edit: the Thread below gives the link to back-date to the Prior Component Pkg that WORKS - I DID that).

Follow Below IF you see this and have Mbam Prem 3.5.1 as described.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/231456-mbam-att-hm-pg-load-block/

Edited by CraigS26, 20 June 2018 - 11:03 AM.

#8 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,860 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 10:23 AM

Things such as this are why, whenever possible, I make sure that whatever I'm using to protect me will put out a message when it decides to block something, or block it for the first time.

It can be maddening trying to determine root causes in situations such as this without a lot of detective work, luck, or both.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

#9 CraigS26

CraigS26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 11:05 AM

Things such as this are why, whenever possible, I make sure that whatever I'm using to protect me will put out a message when it decides to block something, or block it for the first time.

It can be maddening trying to determine root causes in situations such as this without a lot of detective work, luck, or both.

I HAVE gotten a few Mbam Block popups but because they are taking awhile to evolve a Solution, this would seem to be a Special case.

I Edited 1st post  to say Mbam Loads now because the link shown gives a 2nd Link that allows back-dating to the Prior Component Pkg - which I did. I inferred that but should have said it.

Edited by CraigS26, 20 June 2018 - 11:06 AM.

#10 edsel918

edsel918

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:44 PM

Hello Everyone,

I just joined and came across this forum while searching Google about start.att.net not loading in Chrome.

Eventually what I discovered in my case was that it was defaulting to the http version of the site address. When I forced the https in front of the address it worked like a charm.

However, when I clicked on a link to an article elsewhere on the site, the issue would repeat

More searching on the issue came up with this: http://mikegrouchy.com/blog/2012/07/force-websites-to-use-ssl-in-google-chrome.html

It's an older article but I found that if you add #hsts to the end of chrome://net-internals/ it will take you to the right tab where you can add sites you wish to force https:// on.

Once I did that no more issues loading up the start.att.net page or any of the links on it.

Hope it helps anyone still experiencing the problem.

#11 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,860 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:21 AM

The Chrome net-internals settings look nothing like what was presented in that article, which is no surprise given that all web browsers change at a relatively rapid rate and 2012 had might as well be prehistoric in terms of the amount of change.

If someone wants to force HTTPS where it can be forced the best option is the Electronic Frontiers Foundation's HTTPS Everywhere add-on (for Firefox and derivatives) or extension (for Chrome and derivatives).  

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

#12 CraigS26

CraigS26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 09:32 AM

Mbam Beta Component Pkg 1.0.390 ........ SUCCESSFULLY LOADS AT&T Home Pg.

Current Comp Pkg Ver 1.0.374 IS THE PROBLEM.

Open Mbam App/ Application Tab & near bottom: Turn Beta App Updates to "ON" and it will load (presumably) soon.

Not proven IF a Re-Start is Required but do one IF no success.

Release Ver of Comp Pkg coming soon IF you don't want to load the Beta.

Rather than DISabling Web Protection I had Back-dated to Comp Pkg 1.0.365 via a Link in Post #7 above and IT was loading, too.

#13 CraigS26

CraigS26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:46 AM

Mbam Beta Component Pkg 1.0.390 ........ SUCCESSFULLY LOADS AT&T Home Pg.

Current Comp Pkg Ver 1.0.374 IS THE PROBLEM.

Open Mbam App/ Application Tab & near bottom: Turn Beta App Updates to "ON" and it will load (presumably) soon.

Not proven IF a Re-Start is Required but do one IF no success.

Release Ver of Comp Pkg coming soon IF you don't want to load the Beta.

Rather than DISabling Web Protection I had Back-dated to Comp Pkg 1.0.365 via a Link in Post #7 above and IT was loading, too.

This new Comp Pkg 1.0.390 Beta WILL NOT LOAD --  http://  -- sites, and as of 7/2/18 a.m. I'm following Mbam Forum Thread below for updates. -- Vs. Loading Back-dated  Comp Pkg .365 -- I've Temp Disabled Web Protection in Mbam as I believe my ESET EIS will suffice for awhile.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/232389-web-protection-issue-not-fixed-in-latest-beta-component-version-10390/?_fromLogout=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users